“The perfect spot to stay in Door County”

Ephraim Shores Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
Indianapolis
“The perfect spot to stay in Door County”
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We chose Ephraim Shores by reading forum comments on Travelocity and were not disappointed! Our first impression was of a pleasant, pure white hotel set next to the bay - just what we were hoping for. Our room was nicer than I was expecting. We had a "garden view" which had been a second choice for me, but it was quiet, spacious, and did have a bay view from the balcony. The room included two queen beds which were very comfortable (firm), a couch, small desk, fridge, microwave, and balcony with two chairs. The grounds were very well kept up in spite of the drought they are experiencing. The pool area included a largish jacuzzi, and a glassed off area featured video games, a pool table, and a small workout area. All of this was clean, pleasant and better than it appeared in the pictures online.

The hotel has bikes available for guest use, and owns the strip of beach/dock across the street at the shore. This area was very nice, with lots of adirondack chairs and chaise lounges. The lawn facing the water also has a row of chaise lounges.

The Second Story restaurant was a nice plus, and we ate there a few times. Charge your meals to your rooms and receive 10% off. The restaurant has some of the best views around, especially at sunset.

Overall, I'd not only recommend Ephraim Shores to others but I hope to come back and visit again. I don't think that our six day stay allowed us to see everything in Door County that we wanted to!

• Liked — Clean, attractive, conveniently located
  • Disliked — no downside I've found yet
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank chardob

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Barrington, IL
Reviewed 21 August 2006

I decided to take my family on a last minute getaway to Door County. I thoroughly researched the various lodging offerings for a short stay. I focused my search on Fish Creek, Ephraim, and Sister Bay. I finally picked the Ephraim Shores Motel & Restaurant because I believed it would best meet our needs. My wife loved the room on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the water (fabulous view). My teenager loved the indoor pool, gameroom and free use of bicycles. She also loved being walking distance to Wilson's. My 2 year old loved the pool and the onsite playset. I also was very satisfied. The room was spacious and clean, the staff was friendly, and the nightly rate was very reasonable compared to the quotes I received from other properties I called before our trip. I checked out some of the other properties while we were in Door County and I came away relieved that I had chosen the Ephraim Shores Motel & Restaurant. Finally, the on-site restaurant was convenient for a family. The food was decent and reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Febo17
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2006

Our favorite place to stay in Door County is Ephraim Shores Motel. If you get a room on the Bay side, you don't even have to leave your room to have the best view in Door County. Located on Eagle Harbor, near Wilson' s and right on Highway 42. Friendly and competent management, and great restaurant. Nice place to stay for comfort and relaxation.

Stayed June 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#7 of 17 in Sister Bay
Pine Grove Resort
Pine Grove Resort
#8 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Ephraim Shores Resort? Share your experiences!