“Spend your time here!”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
milwaukee
“Spend your time here!”
Reviewed 21 September 2008

The hotel was at capacity during our visit. You never would have known. It was just a perfectly peaceful couple of days away. Staff was very helpful, and the private beach is a great bonus.Also the view of the bay is one of the best. This was one of the best stays I've had in a long time!

• Liked — Just felt relaxed
  • Disliked — everything was great
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank t316

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
chicago
Reviewed 12 September 2008

We stay here every fall festival .A great place to stay right next to the best fish boil in door county.Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable,nice lil beach right in front.Nice indoor pool,i recomend this resort.I wil be there in oct 2008

• Liked — Simple but a nice place
  • Disliked — The drive to get there
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harleyglide
Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 February 2008

I reserved a "Wood view" room last year and specifically asked if the room had wi-fi service; which I was told it had. When we arrived we got to the room and discovered that "wood view" means parking lot and a few trees.

There were bits and pieces of leaves on the floor and the coffee maker had not been cleaned and it gave the small room a coffee odor.

When I tried my laptop there was no signal. I went down to ask why and was told that for some reason my room doesn't get one. I explained that I had specifically requested wi-fi in the room and the staffer told me that I could sit in the hallway and use the computer.

I demanded another room but they were booked, so I asked to talk to the owner. They told me that she was unavailable but that they would notify her of my concerns.

We were told that we could not hear the pool area in our room and that's all that we heard; splashing and yelling.

Service was incredibly bad. We had to go to the desk to get basics such as clean towels every day.

While in our room, we would hear both car and room doors slamming. Thin walls allowed us to hear neighboring TV sets. The heating pump for the whirlpool was broken. We stayed for four days and our room was never vacuumed.

A week after my stay I left the owner a message regarding my stay; she returned my call leaving a message that she had not been informed. We played phone tag for three weeks before I finally gave up on getting any reimbersment.

Ephraim is a nice quiet and comfortable place to stay while in Door County, but this "resort" is not.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service and noise
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Budgetraveler7
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 September 2007

My husband and I planned a last minute holiday weekend trip, and most everything in Door County was booked. I managed to get a room at the Pine Grove due to a cancellation--I was thrilled to get anything in our price range! Luckily, the Pine Grove was decent. Rooms were fairly clean, though not spotless. We had a queen bed with sleeper sofa, so the room was large. Neighbor's children were loud, and you could definitely hear the screams through the walls. We were on the first floor, facing the driveway. You could glimpse the water from the patio, but I wouldn't call it a great view! Because people were always driving or walking past the window, we felt like we wanted the curtain closed most of the time. Location of the hotel is great, as it's right in the heart of Ephraim. One night, we came back quite late from dinner (11pm) and entire hotel parking lot was full. We had to park on the grass. Of course, the hotel was entirely filled that night, so I expect it wouldn't be such a problem most nights. Pool was nice, seemed empty most of the time. We spent 45 minutes there one afternoon and had the place to ourselves. Staff definitely wasn't rude, but they aren't overly friendly either. Didn't know how to answer some of our directional questions, and didn't seem interested in chatting. Wireless internet service was fairly fast and consistent; there was also a computer in the lobby for guest use. Overall, this is a decent place to stay, though if I had my choice I'd probably explore some of the other options in Door County first.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2007

I and my elderly mother stayed at the Pine Grove Resort last summer. We had a wonderful experience. The desk clerks were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, bright, and large. The resort had a bag of treats in the room upon arrival--even a brand new deck of cards. Internet access was ok if you stuck close to the window or deck doors. The swimming pool was wonderful--I swam at least 2X per day. The swimming pool area was my favorite part of the resort. Too, I sat on the small deck each morning and evening. We could see the lake from our room, which meant viewing sunsets, sailboats, people walking along the road and so on. There is a small "beach" that belongs to the resort; I sat there each day in the provided deck/lawn chairs. I walked their pier to the end to take photos of boats, birds, and so on. Ephraim was a fantastic place to stay; it'd been several years since I'd visited Door County and I wasn't certain where to stay. I read as much as I could online and in books from my local library. Pine Grove was a good choice--it worked perfectly for the needs of my elderly mother (wheelchair) and for me who loves the water--lake & swimming pool(s).

• Liked — Location, Location, Location - Reasonable Price - Swimming Pool - Access to Beach
  • Disliked — No Restaurant
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank luvmovies2
illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2007

My family booked two rooms for four nights and we all enjoyed the Pine Grove Resort. The rooms are definitely generic, nothing special as far as decor, but were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The beds were quite firm, which my husband enjoys. I thought they were a bit too firm. The sheets were of nice quality, soft, and not a bit scratchy or institutional feel. The front desk folks were helpful, giving directions, offering advice, and finding utensils for us to use for cook outs. They welcomed us with personalized gift bags and we enjoyed fresh baked cookies daily. We could smell them baking once. Breakfast is very light, small muffins, scones, and some days fruit (apples, oranges, bananas), orange juice and coffee.

They have an indoor heated pool (seemed underutilized, we often had it to ourselves) and hot tub. You could see the beach, sort of, from the hot tub.

There is a small beach with chairs, facing west for Door County sunset watching, and a small picnic shelter with a picnic table and gas grill. We cooked out on the beach twice (Piggly Wiggly just up the road in Sister Bay) and really enjoyed spending time with family there.

We walked to Old Post Office for fishboil (fun) and to Wilson's for ice cream. It is a short drive to Fish Creek stores and state park and also a few miles from Sister Bay. The location, with sunset view from many rooms, was just great.

We did stay on second floor and it was very quiet.

Again, the motel is nothing fancy, but quiet, clean, and in a good location.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — matress was too firm for me
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank mamareada
Milwaukee, Wi
Reviewed 16 July 2007

Stayed 3 nights sunday through tuesday in mid July. Booked room day before we traveled so choice of room was limited, next time would ask for second story room front view on northside of wing with office so could see sunset from balcony. We were on first floor on north wing. The room was standard and a little musty smelling. Nice patio doors onto balcony. Small refrigerator without freezer, small microwave and coffee maker with fixings in room. We brought a toaster. The continental breakfast is really just coffee, tea and muffins. They also have juice but tend to run out if you don't get there at 0800am. They serve cookies in the afternoon as well. The small beach across the street is great, sandy and a pier with many lounge chairs, water is very shallow now. The pool room has large windows over looking the bay with good sized pool, hot tub, game room with pool table, darts and several electronic games. There is also an exercise room which is kept locked. There is a picnic table with grill in back along with a basket ball hoop with balls. Most people staying here when we were here were out all day so we had pool and beach to ourselves when we were there except at sunset. Beach is for use of resort guests only. Ephriam is a "dry" town meaning no alcohol is sold any where in town including restaurants so it tends to be quieter than other locations, no night life which makes for a pleasant atmosphere. Resort is within walking distance of shops, restaurants including Wilson's Ice Cream shop and the Old Post Office Restaurant which has a really good fish boil every night.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank rc5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#5 of 8 in Ephraim
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Pine Grove Resort? Share your experiences!