In 2009, I stayed at Pine Grove with a friend. The front desk was very helpful and pleasant in making reservations. I noticed that there was a family suite with a great front view to the sunset and main HWY 42. This year, my family and I stayed at the family suite, which this is a review on.
The house keeping was horrendous. When we arrived, no toilet paper was stocked, the fridge had smear marks on it and my Mom found a huge globbing semen stain on her comforter with a hair stuck in it. When she showed it to the young lady at front desk, they said, "Oh, we'll get you another one." Apparently this is occurs frequently??? During one day, house keeping did not even go in to clean my sister and brother-in-laws bedroom and bathroom.
The first stay with my friend had great service. This stay with my family was mixed. They seem to alternate between front-desk personnel frequently, which may account for the up-and-down quality of customer service.
Overall, the view was great for the family suite. I really liked the layout (2 floors) and the open concept of the 1st floor. The pool was nice with another great view to the lake-front and sunset. The hot tub was positioned perfectly for this. The game room was nice, but only open until 10PM as it's in the pool room. I noticed that the bathroom had cracked caulking around the tub and the decor was non-existent.
How the Hotel can Improve:
- CLEAN the rooms thoroughly!
- Train front-desk personnel so that customer service is consistent.
- Spend some time upgrading the rooms: guest are looking for a get-away, not something less than what they have at home.
Overall: 3 stars
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pine Grove Resort. We are the only resort in Ephraim to have a piece of natural, untouched shoreline, along with a private sand beach that tapers gently into the water.Our rooms are spacious, comfortable and include many amenities free of charge. Our luxury suites include private whirlpool baths. From our heated indoor pool, whirlpool or new pool sundeck, you can gaze down to the sparkling water of Eagle Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pine Grove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Grove Hotel Ephraim