“Great Stay!”
Review of Ephraim Motel

Ephraim Motel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I just went for a 3 night online stay Monday, September 2nd,2013. It was very nice and the owners Julie and Scott were very helpful. The rooms are soooo immaculate and the property is too. Door County is fun and I would tell anyone to go to Ephraim Motel their stay will be awesome. Thanks again Julie!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vampirelvr

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Ephram Motel for four nights, the last week in August. There are a lot of housing choices and I did a considerable amount of research. We choose this property for a number of reasons, but primarily because of the great reviews. We were not disappointed.

The property is immaculate; someone definitely has a green thumb. I also like the Ephram community’s “laid back” approach. This is the only town that is alcohol free, and it just seems like a more family friendly environment.

We had a second story room in the first building. If you have trouble climbing stairs or carring your luggage, request a first floor room.

Our room was spotless. It had a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, flat screen HD cable TV, and a small table and two chairs. The bedding and towels were replaced daily. Another little bonus was a small common sitting area on each floor, where you can visit with other guests.

The lobby was well decorated and inviting. They have a small library of used books and I borrowed one during our stay.

The continental breakfast is coffee, juice, and pastries. Personally I would have appreciated some fruit, maybe some bananas?

We didn’t use the pool, but I saw several guests using it and after a long day of hiking and biking a little pool time would have been relaxing.

You can’t see the lake from your room, but we saved at some big $, and frankly when you close your eyes and go to sleep, no one can see the lake.

2  Thank ploethen
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights via the "3 night on-line deal." While the facility has been around a while, it is EXTREMELY well maintained. It does not have modern up to date furniture in the rooms but it has been well cared for. The rooms are VERY clean and the bathroom is SPOTLESS.....as my wife checked it out very carefully. The person who checked us in was very friendly. If you are looking for basic, well priced, clean place to stay, this is it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

this property is proof that the owners hard work means everything. clean is the number 1 word throughout the entire property. landscaping is awesome. the big surprise was well behaved children in the pool. as a school bus driver on my last get away it was very nice. thank you julie & scott for a great stay, we will be back!!!!!!!

1  Thank KewauneeBillybob
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My sister and I were delighted with our July stay at this motel. In fact, motel seems a misnomer. It is so pleasant with the flowers and the attractive pool, that it seemed more like a resort. It was a great place to relax, a little outside of the beautiful town of Ephraim, easy to find and very conveniently located for the rest of the Door. The people running it were helpful and friendly and easy to find (not always the case elsewhere). I like the fact that Ephraim is quieter and not so touristy as Sister Bay--we ended up doing things like the walking tour and a talk at the community center. I would have been happy staying many more days.

Room Tip: I liked being in the back, nice and quiet and an easy walk to the pool. The pool didn't look th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Ephraim Motel was perfect in every way. Our clean quiet room offered easy opportunities for rest and relaxation after visiting many delightful sights of Door County. The lovely venue for our continental breakfast allowed us to visit with other motel guests. The staff was most friendly and helpful with answering questions and giving travel tips and advice. The outside grounds are also lovely, with the beautiful flowers and outdoor heated pool. Located in the heart of Door County, a bit out of downtown Ephraim in a more secluded area, it served our every need.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank marypay
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The attention and care of hands-on innkeepers Julie and Scott is evident in abundance here at the Ephraim Motel. My husband and I stayed two nights and wished we could have remained longer. The central location is perfect for easily and quickly getting anywhere on the peninsula yet it's a low-traffic area and really quiet here. Rooms are very clean and nicely appointed, have a microwave and mini-frig, a great Wi-Fi signal, and comfy mattress on the bed. Continental breakfast can be taken in the dining room or on the deck overlooking the pool. Plenty of parking space. Bikes are available for guests at no charge. Great value and super friendly service. Thanks Julie & Scott!

1  Thank OHnative
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Somerset Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Ephraim Motel? Share your experiences!