“Great Place To Stay”
Review of Ephraim Motel

Ephraim Motel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Not over-priced, clean, very quiet, bed was comfortable, very well maintained, good central location on peninsula. Windows open to provide a good breeze if you want or you can use the AC/Heating unit. Has a complimentary breakfast inside office each morning. Had a care free stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Fred M

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Recently stayed at the Ephraim Motel and we were very pleased with our stay. Very clean and quiet; nice landscaping and pool area. Convenient and central location for traveling around Door County. Owners were helpful but not overbearing. If you aren't looking for a lot of frills, this is the place for you! I personally never want to have a whirlpool bath in my room so why pay for it? Will stay here on our next trip to Door County.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Diane B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First time staying in Motel. I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was roomy and quiet. Bathroom is OK in size and clean. They even have make-up remover (a nice touch). I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others visiting the door county.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank JCTA2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband found this online and booked a four night getaway for us this past week. I was a little doubtful at first with the idea of a "motel" (flashbacks to family driving vacations in the 1950's and '60's!) but it's a really nice, updated place. The lobby is fresh and clean, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was upstairs (no elevator that I saw but that was ok) and I was surprised at the actual KEY room key and not an electronic one (throwback to those past decades I mentioned!) Our room was extremely clean, which met one of my "will-not-compromise" issues: clean, safe and reasonably priced. The towels were full and heavy weight, not the cheapie thin ones at chain hotels. My only issue was the the mattress was horribly uncomfortable. My husband had booked a queen size suite with a pull out sofa bed and after the second night in the uncomfortable queen, I considered giving the sofa bed a try instead but there was no bedding on it and no extra bedding or blankets in the room. I'd gone to the front desk a couple times but often there is not staff available because it's just a husband and wife team working the whole place. They are VERY nice and helpful but after dialing the desk phone and having it go to message, I just gave up. That really was the only flaw and I imagine the comfort level of a mattress varies widely among people. The folks running it are very hardworking, extremely friendly and I do recommend staying here. We'll be back again (next time I'll try a king size bed and ask if they have any rooms with newer mattresses :-) )

2  Thank LadySashya
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This facility was very clean and comfortable! The management team is quick to please and make your stay a pleasant one. They are cordial and helpful! Breakfast is continental and limited but very adequate to start your day!! It is quiet and peaceful surroundings making for a relaxing stay. The heated pool is great for relaxing, cooling off, or enjoying the warm weather! The fee to stay is favorable for Door Co. lodging and it is geographically located to areas to visit. I would stay here again when visiting Door County.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lee B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Ephraim Motel location is excellent for traveling north and south on the Peninsula. All destinations felt like they were close. Since the motel is north of Egg Harbor and Fish Creek the traffic better. The Washington Island Ferry was only 20-25 minutes from here.

The staff had great food and attraction recommendations. Every one proved to be a great time.

The rooms were nothing special, but were clean and we were only there to sleep. There is a pool and campfire area at the motel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HannAB23
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I just completed a 7 night stay at the Ephraim Motel this past week. We are repeat customers at this motel and again were extremely pleased with our room, breakfast, cleanliness, grounds maintenance and ambiance. The management is also very cordial and helpful. This year we took advantage of the on property walking/running trails through cedar and pine trees. This was a great way to get our exercise in each day in a peaceful, solitary and relaxing setting. Geographically this location is great since we were going north, south and east from Ephraim into Door County locations.

1  Thank Ramon M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Somerset Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Ephraim Motel? Share your experiences!