“Wonderful hideaway!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Ephraim B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Wonderful hideaway!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Gift Box. We were so happy when we arrived in the bright and updated, yet comfortable room. The room (really, apartment) was exactly what we were looking for, because it allowed us to feel at home, but on vacation at the same time. A kitchenette was a must, since we wanted to make some of our own meals. Unfortunetly, there was no oven in the kitchenette, but we were still able to have breakfast (cereal, bagels, etc.) and lunch (sandwiches) in the room. The place was very clean, and the owners were extremely friendly. They even had DVDs in their office for us to borrow. The view from our window to the lake was beautiful. There really was nothing to complain about, except the time that we chose: the place was inexpensive to stay at, but the town was pretty quiet since it was spring and not summer.

Room Tip: The Gift Box is a very sunny little apartment.
Green Features: They recycle, and made sure to let us know to leave any recyclables outside of the garbage. They did, however, keep the lights on a lot. Perhaps the light bulbs were eco-friendly?
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Liz O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here in November 2012. We stayed in Helen's Suite and truly enjoyed our time there. Alicia helped in making it a great birthday with addtl goodies in the room for my husband upon arrival. Since it was November, we appreciated the fireplace to add some extra warmth. The bed was VERY comfortable and well appointed as was the entire room. Alicia was also very helpful in providing suggestions in places to eat and things to do. We would definetly stay here again when in Door County!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed with our young daughter in Bill's Room, which was perfect. The room is adorable, very nicely decorated, with a comfortable bed and very nice linens. We loved the location, as we were able to walk down to the waterfront and enjoy the picturesque harbor in Ephraim. You are also within walking distance to a very good restaurant and Wilson's for ice cream. Parking was right outside the door and very convenient. We love to try new places when we travel, but it's hard to imagine staying somewhere in Door County that would be more more perfect and perfectly-priced than the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane. We loved it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 March 2013

So my wife and I are heading up to door county for our 1 year anniversary in June and we wanted to book our stay at the Lodgings because it was the #1 BB on TripAdvisor and it came recommended. Since you can't make reservations online you need to email or call to book a room. Well my wife first emailed the Lodgings through their website about a week ago, then she followed up with two a phone calls, the first of which she left a message....the second she did not, because how many times do you need to email or call in order to get a response?!?!?. So even if her email message didn't got through they had a voicemail to call us back. Needless to say, we have yet to receive a call/email/fax/carrier pigeon, etc. regarding a booking........so can say we just booked our anniversary vacation stay at another Ephraim BB who answered our call on the first try.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
lodgingpioneerlane, Owner at Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
I hadn't calculated just how popular our little “Mom and Pop” has become to not just be able to close up and leave the country for a family vacation even in March, our off-season. Hard to believe, but our destination had neither phone nor internet. But lesson learned: I will find someone to cover for me next time we leave the country!
Council Bluffs
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I enjoyed my three nights at the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane. The rooms were nice and the bathroom was super with its whirlpool plus it was spacious. Everything was just great and I really loved the bed, big and firm. Hugh and Alicia certainly know a lot about Door County....they should, having lived there for at least 40 years. I was in Door County on business and the place was sited nicely and I could access what I wanted within a short drive.

Room Tip: I was trying to click on the left side of Fitness Center for a "not applicable" couldn'...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My girlfriend and I decided last minute to take a trip and were in need of a place to stay. We couldn't have chosen a better place than the Lodgings! The room was warm and ready when we arrived, the staff was super friendly and accommodating, and the room we had was amazing! We would recommend The Lodgings to anyone and everyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in "The Leaf"...great view of the water, lots of windows, a balcony, whirlpool t...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Lodgings during our honeymoon, and we could not have been happier with the time we spent there. Alicia and Hugh made the registration process easy, and took care of everything we needed. We stayed in the Leaf Room, and found it to be very clean and comfortable. In fact, the pillows were such a hit with my husband that we are now scouring the web to find an equivalent! There were several different types of tea available, which was nice because we were able to have decaf tea to wind down before bed, and good strong black tea in the morning. Overall, we loved it and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The building was designed by the proprietor, and the layout couldn't be better. As far as I coul...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
lodgingpioneerlane, Owner at Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, responded to this review, 3 February 2013
It is our great pleasure to host honeymooners, and also provide a wide variety of teas and (good) coffee too to our guests. We also love it when guests love our pillows! Thanks for finding us, Alicia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Somerset Inn & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Lodgings at Pioneer Lane? Share your experiences!