“We love the Lodgings and sleep like babies!”

Lodgings at Pioneer Lane
Ranked #2 of 5 Ephraim B&B and Inns
Elgin, Illinois
“We love the Lodgings and sleep like babies!”
Reviewed 2 February 2011

We stayed in Helen's room for the second time and absolutely love it. It is perfect for us and we want to bring the room home with us! The bed is the best. The decorating and furniture is perfect. The whirlpool tub is a dream, tucked into the private bay window in the bedroom. The bathroom is huge! All in all, our perfect stay in Door Co. WI.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank groth8785

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Howards Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Beautiful room very quiet lovely area will go back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Jackson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I love, love, love the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane!

We have stayed in the Blossom on numerous occassions, the cabin room once or twice and Helen's suite with Bills room added once. I couldn't pick a favorite, they are all fabulous!

The rooms are cozy, immaculately clean and so spacious. The bathrooms are modern and beautifully done. Rooms are really quiet and yet right in the middle of Ephraim.

You hardly see Hugh and Alicia which to me makes it feel more like home than a hotel. They are available if you need them but they tend to stay behind the scenes making it seem more private.

I would change the dates of my trip to Door County if it meant staying somewhere else!

My only fear in recommending the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane is that then they won't have availability the next time I want to come!

The are truly a hidden gem in Door County!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Combined Locks, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 December 2010

My wife & I booked the Cabin Room. It was huge. The furnishings were modern and in perfect working order. I happened to meet the owner Alicia and she was very gracious. My wife & I prefer to keep our own schedule so the self check in and the lack of a breakfast was a positive considering it makes the price a real value. The Chef's Hat is just across the parking lot and the couple that run it are great people. The breakfast was terrific also. Overall a terrific experience.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe J
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2010

My fiance and I stayed here in early November 2010 and had a great stay. Great location, close to Sister Bay and Gills Rock. The staff were extremely helpful too! They gave us good suggestions of where to shop and eat (due to many places being closed for the winter.) The room we stayed in was very spacious and cozy.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank filipo1986
chicago
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Lodgings at Pioneer lane in September and loved it. It's location is fantastic (if you don't mind that Ephraim is a dry town), the rooms are huge, super clean, modern, and have really nice beds. The room was honestly bigger than my first apartment, and had a full kitchen suite. Great stuff, I will recommend to all of my friends.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dbreaker
Grayslake, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The Lodgings at Pioneer Lane in Ephraim was absolutely perfect. The room was beautiful and clean, with every amenity you could need when on a Door County visit. The proprietors were very friendly. The service was terrific. Its location was within walking distance of Eagle Harbor, several eating establishments and some really cool art galleries. It made for a perfect long weekend.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CLindh65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#7 of 8 in Ephraim
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Lodgings at Pioneer Lane? Share your experiences!