“I loved the whole experience-awesome!”

Village Green Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Ephraim B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“I loved the whole experience-awesome!”
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The breakfast's were delicious and more than enough-great variety. The rooms were clean and bright. The swimming pool was great after a day out exploring the different towns. I loved the location of the place, a little off the main road, but within walking distance to the water. Steve and Sue were extremely friendly and helpful as far as recommending places to eat and places to see and making reservations. It was our first visit to Door County and I would go back in a minute and I would definately stay there again. I loved everything about it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Minnesota
Reviewed 23 August 2010

What a great place to stay in Ephraim! Very helpful and attentive staff. The breakfast is fabulous...don't miss it! You won't find better!! The pool is great to lounge in also! Perfect, central location between the towns in the area - yet just off the main road, so it's not as noisy! The staff made great recommendations for places to eat and things to do as well!

• Stayed July 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We stayed once again at the Village Green Lodge and loved it as usual. We had a little family reunion and since Sue and Steve do not take kids (that is, frankly, one thing I like about it!), we had to find another spot for several days. We went to the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane but were disappointed in a variety of things. (See that review). When the child left with her parents, the rest of us moved over to Village Green Lodge.
It was like coming home! Whereas the other management was hardly around and we even had to fend for ourselves to get checked in, Sue was there to greet us herself with a big hug and smile. Her breakfasts are awesome and her afternoon snacks are addicting. (Neither of those at the other place). It is so quiet and the pool and deck are wonderful. (The other place has lots of traffic and people walking through and no pool.) Sue and Steve also have a great gathering room which we enjoyed as a family, sitting around in the nice chairs and talking with each other as well as with other guests.
When I think about it, I guess I am a big fan of this place....but it continues to win me over! We'll be back!

2 Thank AroundtheWorld
Stronghurst, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My mom, sister and I recently stayed at the Village Green Lodge. We loved the quiet atmosphere. The pool and deck area were our favorite spots. The owners, Sue and Steve, were quite gracious hosts, helpful in every way!!

1 Thank bluepersuasion77
Carson, IA
Reviewed 12 July 2010

After a few months of researh and a few conversations with the keeper of the inn we booked our stay. Upon arrival we were greeted with a smile by the owner. She made us feel welcome as she guided us to our suite.
We were offered assistance in planning our adventures. Sue never made us feel like we were inconveniacing her in anyway.
One of the reasons I chose the inn was the temptation of her breakfast menu on the Inn's website. When we first arrived I asked Sue if she could possibly make her carmel sticky buns while we were there. Imagine my surprise when we arrived for breakfast on our third day and the buffet included the buns.
We ejoyed our stay immensely and would highly reccomend Village Green Lodge!!

1 Thank iwaly428
suzy42
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Just stayed at Village Green Lodge in Ephraim for a couple nights. Sue and Steve are gracious hosts who will go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. You would like this lodge if you're looking for a super clean, comfortable, quiet, and homey atmosphere with delicious full breakfasts. Village Green is a block from the main steet in Ephraim so you are right downtown but don't have to see the traffic going by. Also the pool area is sunny and private with beautiful flowers and lots of lounge chairs and tables to relax. The hospitality is A+. Sue even did a small load of laundry for us as we had some wet stuff from camping the night before. We'd definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We made our first trip to Door county this spring, and after plenty of online research, we chose to stay at Village Green Lodge. Let's be clear: there are LOTS of places to stay in Door county, but I couldn't have been happier with this as our choice. First, the location is great. Ephraim is cute and not as busy as Fish Creek or Egg Harbor, and the lodge is located close to the main road so lots is within walking distance but still far enough away to offer quiet and privacy. I was surprised how secluded this place feels, even though it's really not. The grounds are lovely with mature trees that keep things cozy. We enjoyed the birds, chipmunks, and squirrels that visited the feeders we could see from our room, too.
We had a king room on the second floor, and it was perfect. This is not a fancy, luxury place, but the entry and bathroom had nice tile that was sparklingly clean, and the room had immaculate carpet (grungy carpet disgusts me!), a nice comfortable bed with plenty of pillows, and two comfortable sitting chairs and a table. We also appreciated the flat-screened TV, though we were outside enjoying the weather so much we didn't really watch it. The decor is simple and a little country, but not overdone or silly.
The service here is really what makes Village Green shine and why it stands out from the many other area options. Upon arrival, I told our hosts that I am a vegetarian, and we immediately got helpful tips about area restaurants sure to meet my needs. My husband also had several questions about area hiking and nature preserves, and not only did we get great suggestions, but we also got free passes to Ridges Sanctuary (well worth a visit!). Each morning, a terrific breakfast is served, and I always had my own special vegetarian dish. The meals were really delicious and more than enough to keep us full. But just in case one gets hungry in the afternoon, there are always fresh cookies and lemonade available in the lobby.
This is really a great place, and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Yes, it's adults only, which of course rules it out for many families, but this was perfect for us and just meant a quieter, more relaxing stay. My husband and I are in our 30s, and we were the youngest guests, as other reviewers have mentioned, but we never felt awkward or uncomfortable. Overall, a great choice!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek
Coachlite Inn of Sister Bay
Coachlite Inn of Sister Bay
#3 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Village Green Lodge? Share your experiences!