“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Evansville
Lawrence, Kansas
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I've stayed here 5 times in the last 8 months when traveling with my young daughter to visit family. The owner is very friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel is quiet and we love the breakfast. I appreciate the value and always look forward to staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RodgerE
raj p, General Manager at Boarders Inn & Suites Evansville, WI, responded to this review, 28 May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Evansville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I haven't stayed overnight but I have certainly enjoyed the hotel's hospitality at a recent meeting in the hotel's sunny breakfast / dining area. After the meeting, the friendly proprietor was willing to take time to let me see the hotel's amenities. It's still a rather new property for Evansville, and the room decor shows this with attractive furnishings and flat screen televisions. It's designed with the business traveler in mind (uncluttered desk with good lighting, for example) but pleasure travelers will be just as comfortable, especially with an upgrade to a room with a whirlpool tub! There is a breakfast bar, and for those with late-night munchies, check out the snack store. Not too big and not too small, the hotel itself is in a handy location right next to Highway 14 / Main Street, with a gas station, grocery store, bank, health club and fast food restaurant all within a couple of blocks. If my far-flung relatives ever decide (finally) to visit me in southern Wisconsin, I would feel absolutely comfortable having them stay here (or they can have my place and I will take a room with a whirlpool tub).

1 Thank Sue B
Boyertown PA
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stay at the Cobblestone several times a year while traveling on business. I like the "family atmosphere" and feel like I'm part of the family every time I visit. The rooms are very clean. The hotel is quiet. The cost is also very reasonable. The owner has always been very polite and considerate. I look forward to chatting with him every time I visit. I would miss this place very much if I had to stay elsewhere. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I like the first floor. There is a second floor, however there is not an elevator. You would have...
2 Thank Donna W
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My family was really happy that we stayed at Cobblestone Inn & Suites. Because it was a friendly place and big nice rooms for kids and adults. HOT Breakfast in the Morning!!! Quiet and Great stay over Service!. VALUE was Great Because Really Nice Rooms.

Room Tip: Right Side Rooms are more sunny!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John L
Columbia City, Indiana
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have stayed there on several occassions both last year and this year (2012)
The title of the review says it as it is.
The breakfast is basic but adequet.
I was just reading a review as I was typing this one. I don't know where "Elizabeth H" stayed but their are no dogs around during our stays. I did meet the managers children in the hallway. I get accused of saying Hi to most people, its true. One is an engineering student and the other is in high school.

The meeting room was available for us to use when one wants to have the TV on and the other needs to workl.

Good place to stay, I recommend it.

2 Thank Bob T
Minneapolis
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Property is newer and not many rooms were occupied. The owner and his extended family live on site and you can hear their baby crying. Dogs were barking. The owner walks around the hotel in his pajamas most of the time. It makes you feel like you are in their house and it is not professional.

Most disturbing was the unauthorized charge for a "meeting room" on my credit card. I stayed just one night and there are no "meeting rooms" at the hotel. When I called, it was clear the owner was desperate for extra money and he was fowl-mouthed and aggressive about it. This owner needs training in hospitality basics and about what can (and can not be charged) to customers' credit cards.

Room Tip: Stay away from where the owners are living.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth H
Escondido, California
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My wife and I travel from southern California across our great country annually to spend a few weeks enjoying the Fall weather & color in Southern, WI. In our travels we stay at many different hotels.

Our 2 week stay at the Cobblestone Inn & Suites in Evansville, WI has been nearly as comfortable as being at home.

Mr. Raj Patel (manager) is extremely friendly and accommodating. It is quite evident that he is there to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Rarely do we find a manager that expresses his appreciation of our stay at his motel as much as Mr. Patel does.

The rooms are clean, large and extremely comfortable with a good sized LCD TV. The high speed wired or wireless Internet connection is TRULY high speed. The "in room" coffee is the finest we have found in our travels. The refrigerator is quiet, clean and works well. There is also a microwave. The beds are very comfortable, and the pillows are the finest we have encountered in our travels.

We definitely will be back to the Evansville Cobblestone Inn & Suites and will look for the Cobblestone name as we travel.

GREAT JOB COBBLESTONE and MR. PATEL and staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank SteveZ234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evansville
Quality Inn & Suites of Stoughton
Super 8 Monroe WI
#1 of 3 in Monroe
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Janesville
Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14

Been to Boarders Inn & Suites Evansville, WI? Share your experiences!