“"Hearty Breakfast"”
Review of White Gull Inn

White Gull Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Fish Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have been eating breakfast at the White Gull Inn for over twenty years. You will not lose with any choice on the menu. My favorites include the award winning stuffed French toast, golden brown and butter hashbrowns, the hearty breakfast, homemade coffee cake, and the bacon. The only thing you need to be aware of is that you at need to wait for a table - however, that is driven by the fact that it a great atmosphere and the food is phenomenal. Therefore, you should expect to wait up to an hour to get in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Craig S

Reviewed 6 July 2013

although we did not stay at the White Gull Inn, we were guests for their fish boil last wednesday night! The hotel was grand and beautiful. the staff was very accomodating and we had an excellent time. The fish boil was lead by a gentleman who had the perfect personality for the job. Funny and informative. While my wife and I dont particularily care for fish, we were told this is an experience not to be missed. They were right. The fish and side dishes were very good and the pie was so good we returned the next day and bought 2 pies to take back home!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our second visit and more to come no doubt. Friendly and helpful staff, beautiful landscaping, delicious food, and spotlessly clean, cozy, and well appointed rooms. This is truly an Inn and the innkeepers are true hospitality folks.

Great location as well, sort of nestled in the forest near the Bay, but convenient to the rest of the village.

Also had our first Door County fish boil here. Delicious and very interesting to watch!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I did not stay at this inn. My husband and I went for our first fish boil. I was quite excited as I've seen pictures and heard stories. Anticlimactic would be the word I would use for this boil. After sitting outside and watching the boil without any narration or fanfare we were all hustled inside to stand in line for our fish and potatoes. The meal was fine; I am a fish lover and was nonplussed by the whole thing. The cherry pie was the best part. What was irksome (beyond the price tag: FYI coffee is not included in with your meal despite the cups already being on the tables) was that we were the second of three fish boils that night with only an hour and 15 minutes between meals. No lingering over dinner here. Get your food and get out because the next group is coming to take your table. For such a well reputed place I expected more.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank arr1610
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Such a wonderful, elegant and historic inn. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. Definitely loved our time by the fireplace, and sitting on the porch. Wonderful breakfast as well! This is the perfect getaway for a couple in need of a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jenodini13
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have never been to a fish boil but others in our party have been. The chef is outside and he is basically manning the campfire where the potatoes and fish are boiled. He does explain what happens. The key part is to watch when the fish go in the pot and then he puts kerosene on the flames. The fire becomes huge and the kerosene makes the oils go out of the fish and boil over the pot. You need about 20 minutes before your seating time to watch the boiling. For kids they offer a $10 hot dog which was way overpriced. The meal for fish is a bit expensive too but the fish do have bones and the staff is very courteous and offers to show you hot cut the fish. No matter who cuts it you will still have some bones in the fish. The cherry pie and ice cream to close the meal are very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bertaron
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stopped in on a Saturday morning, not giving much thought to how busy it would be. I had a 20 minute wait, but was totally ok with that as I walked down to the beach a block away for part of that time.

As I waited in the lobby for the last few minutes, the smell of the place was overwhelming! I mean this in a good way! It smelled like Christmas! Childhood memories came flooding back and I even texted a friend saying that I wanted to curl up in a blanket in the corner and wait for Santa!

I visited the Inn to try their famous Cherry Stuffed French Toast, aka. "America's Best Breakfast," and I must concur with that title. The entire plate, from the hashbrowns & eggs, to the french toast itself, and even the coffee were all delicious! I normally don't drink black coffee, and I found myself accepting a second cup. I know it's quite trivial, but when someone can impress me with their coffee, they've done something few can do. Service was great & the atmosphere was grand! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Julie's Park Cafe & Motel
Julie's Park Cafe & Motel
#1 of 10 in Fish Creek
Settlement Courtyard Inn & Lavender Spa

Been to White Gull Inn? Share your experiences!