“Good bar food, would have liked a place to sit outside”
Review of Bayside Tavern

Bayside Tavern
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a nice meal and drinks here. The seafood chowder was outstanding. But, it was nice outside and we were looking to have a drink and enjoy the nice weather. This place is all indoors and pretty much your typical bar atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Bayside Tavern

Reviewed 16 July 2014

visited here recently on a Friday night... went for their fish fry, which is great, but noticed that they had a salmon and shrimp special so we ordered that instead. Wasn't sure what to expect but it was amazing. Salmon grilled perfectly, garlic mashed potatoes were perfect texture and flavorful, perfectly grilled asparagus and a wonderful homemade dill sauce. I am not normally a fan of deep friend shrimp (I usually can't stand the breading) but this was SO good! Nice and light and perfectly seasoned. A little denser than a tempura batter and done just right. Didn't completely overshadow the shrimp as breading usually does. Couldn't stop eating them. Ate every last bite. So good. Thanks Bayside!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had the special, which was fresh Lake Michigan Perch, and it was delicious. Plenty on the plate and reasonably priced. Girlfriend had the crunchy broccoli salad and she was pleased as well. Only drawback was the server, who seemed too preoccupied with friends at another table.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have eaten several times here and no matter what we've ordered, it has been great. The staff is friendly and the service is fast. We found the price to be reasonable. The food always tastes fresh also, The atmosphere is good, but it does tend to get very noisy. Kids are allowed, but keep in mind it is a tavern. I would recommend this place for food.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were here during high season last year. Heard they had a great burger. The place is very loud from customers and music - I think that is the intended atmosphere. Not a good place for families with children. Cramped space. Took a long time to be greeted, longer to have our orders taken and food brought - we ordered burgers and fries, nothing complicated.

Door County gets very crowded during high season, and it seems there are more people in search of food and drink than there are eating places, so, these establishments get away with being understaffed, poorly staffed, and providing poor to mediocre quality service and food and drinks.

Unfortunately, unless you are willing to cook your own meals and buy your beverages from the markets in town, you will have to put up with the hit or miss of eating out in Door County. I hate taking the time to get dressed, drive to a restaurant, sit down, order a drink, and food, only to be disappointed with the food, and then being expected to pay for it.

We have vacationed in Door County for the past 26 years, and resolved to doing our own cooking. I enjoy cooking and consider myself an excellent cook. I prefer to not have to cook when I am on vacation, however, I am more than willing to 'work' while on vacation if it means I will get excellent meals, save money, and, avoid the anger and frustration of expecting a nice night out and instead being served poor to mediocre food.

The chamber of commerce would do all travelers to Door County a great service by working with the restaurants to improve.

2  Thank Frequenttraveler082