“Dreamy”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Dreamy”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Weve been to Door County many times and I saw a picture for Coopers Corner and thought how beautiful and dreamy it looked. We randomly found ourselves in Fish Creek while out exploring Door County and decided to stop and we stumbled upon Coopers Corner. We went upstairs to the open bar area to grab a snack and a drink and we sat next to the bar but in the corner facing the trees. Although the service at that particular time was not great at all (we went a second time and sat at a table and service was much better) I have to say that this place is delightful. It looked so dreamy to me in the picture that experiencing it was so nice, actually to be honest the little town of Fish Creek that this restaurant is located in looks very dreamy and whimsical. It's beautiful. It has all these cute little shops and restaurants, its right on the water, beautiful little houses and condos, and its just adorable! Anyway the open bar area is lovely with high ceilings, the walls have no windows so its completely open and breezy. We didn't have a solid meal, we ordered sangria and beer and shared the special (which was a hot dog wrapped in bacon-YUM) but we truly enjoyed it. Downstairs they have the Barrel Room which they have a bunch of oils and vinegars to sample and sometimes other snack things to sample as well. They sell Door Peninsula wine and Spirits there as well. Which is actually a dollar more then Door Peninsula itself. But its a beautiful restaurant.. and if you were entranced by the picture as much as I was, go here for at least a drink on a summer/fall afternoon and sit upstairs in the open bar area and you won't be disappointed!

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Great food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

First, our server was wonderful. I had the cherry barbecue ribs with a watermelon salsa-excellent. We were seated on the second floor outdoor patio and had a great view.

Visited June 2014
“I love this place!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The outdoor venue is delightful. If it is too chilly, they have great heaters. If it is warm out, the whole area is covered and shaded. The service is terrific. There is always plenty of help. I had the special, lobster roll and my hubby the Kobe beef hamburger. He loved it as they cooked the hamburger to order. The fries are extra crispy. The bar area is also inviting.

Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
“Enjoyed Our Dinner At Cooper's”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just the other night we chose to eat at Cooper's Corner after looking at any number of area menus. Because it was early in the season, we had to look for a staff person to seat us. We chose to eat in their outdoor area. Our server was prompt, was able to answer questions about items listed on the menu and was very pleasant. The salad was one of the best I've been served. The entree each of us ordered were very good -- the portion size was such that we should have shared just one entree. But, we did leave with a take-out boxes. We would return again on another trip to Door County.

1 Thank Carolyn53821
Illinois City, Illinois
“Just plain bad”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I don't want to spend more time than necessary reviewing Cooper's. It was just bad. As other reviewers have commented, we walked up to the host 'stand' where the menus were, and a couple servers looked at us and just walked by. We almost turned around to leave when one of the staff who walked past us 2-3 times came back. We were seated upstairs on an open air balcony (with a roof), which could be nice, except there was a large fabric sheet that hangs down to block the wind. Count it as a sail on a ship, though, that nearly knocked our table over, so we moved. Without being overly negative for the sake of complaining, the service was very slow, server somewhat disinterested. Food quality was subpar. I believe my burger was cooked from a frozen patty. Fries tasted like a freezer.

I don't want to dwell on the manager's pants that kept falling down, shirt coming out, bottom buttons undone, and his bare, hairy belly sticking out of his shirt as he walked about. After seeing him repeatedly attempting to tuck his shirt back in, jamming his hand down his pants and then carrying food up to the tables, I thought I was going to be sick.

Visited May 2014