“Great experience”

Skyway Drive-In Theatre
Ranked #2 of 2 Fun & Games in Fish Creek
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was a real blast on our recent visit to Door County. Highly recommended - reasonably priced ($8 for adults, $5 for age 6+ and free for the under 5's). Big, if not huge screen, but it was high quality and as others have said the audio was superb. The concessions were much more reasonably priced than your typical movie theatre although you can bring in your own without fear of reprisal. The movies are double features too, so if you can stay awake, it's really great value. I could not, so we left after the first flick, but we all agreed it made for a fun night out.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is a place to bring one's kids to get a taste of drive-in culture of the 1950's. If they get bored, they can play in the playground up front while the adult kids do other things. It was such a pleasant night when I went I watched the movie under the stars on the benches near the screen. It would have been more drive-in-ish if someone came to one's vehicle selling drinks, popcorn and candies; one had to go to the snack bar to get them.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We enjoyed our evening at the drive in. The screen was remarkably clear and it was a cozy environment. Our kids had a great time playing before the movie on the playground. The snack bar was reasonably priced with a great variety of snacks. Many people brought their own snacks and that was OK with the management. The bathrooms were very clean. A must do in Door County!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband, myself and our two year old son went to see the turtles movie, and it was the later movie showing. The price for the movie was very reasonable, our son was free so that was nice. The sound for your car was incredible, my husband said he felt like he was in a regular movie theater. The bathrooms are very close to your car so that was nice too, and the snack bar had reasonable pricing and had plenty of snacks to pick from. My son eventually fell asleep and my husband and I watched the movies under the stars on a late warm summer night, we will be back next year!!!!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I've been meaning to go to the movies here the past few summers but it just hasn't worked out. I mean two movies for the price of one ($8 for an adult)! The stars (and Perseid meteor shower) aligned this week for a cold but excellent adventure. Gates open at 7:15 PM. There were tons of families in gigantic SUVs parked around. I have a sedan -- I call it the Flintstone mobile because it sits so close to the ground. It got there around 8 PM and EASILY found a spot where I could see the screen and not be blocked by the behemoth vehicles dotting the landscape. Kids were running around. It was fun. It was extra cool to see meteors shooting by the screen as I watched "Guardians of the Galaxy" and later "Captain America:The Winter Soldier".
Snack bar had a lot of treats -- I had a small popcorn and a hot chocolate (it was chilly out). Prices were very reasonable.
Overall, the experience was a trip back in time for me and judging by the kids all around a memory made.

1  Thank JLK2012