“Disappointed”

Villaggios
Ranked #21 of 32 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Italian cuisine coupled with the charm of Italy, in the heart of Door County. PIZZA • PASTA • SPIRITS • DESSERT • DINE IN • CARRY OUT • Located on HWY 42 - Between Egg Harbor and Fish Creek in Juddville, WI.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My first time to Villaggios. First of all my group of 7 women were seated on the top floor and the temperature had to be 90 degrees. We are all in our 40-50's so opened up the windows and searched for the switch to the ceiling fans. Our waiter, Gil, arrived and asked if we wanted to order drinks- we all had drinks already. One woman is gluten and lactose intolerant so asked for the gluten free menu, he informed us there was not one but pointed out the steaks on the menu. He left us to decide. When he returned we pointed out that one entree said it was GF and he flat out told us the menu was wrong and that he would have to tell the owners. He offered my friend Risotto as a substitute. We needed time and when he returned he told us you were out of Risotto. He offered extra veges. My friend requested asparagus and he told us it was not available. We pointed out that two of us ordered the Gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce and that asparagus was part of that dish- he appologized and that is what she ordered. When out meals arrived 4/7 of us had to send our food back because it was luke warm!! One woman had to send her steak back a third time for the right temp. We were there about 2 hours and I will never go back.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Jackie H
Kim J, Owner at Villaggios, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I'm sorry for your bad experience. We appreciate comments like this so we can better train our staff. We do have gluten free products, so I'm not sure why Gil said that - my apologies. If you are ever back up this way we would love to have another opportunity to make it up to you. Please email me before your next planned visit so I can make sure you are taken care of.
kim@villagecafe-doorcounty.com. Thank you again.

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Delicious”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very good food, nice atmosphere but expensive and busy. It's not a quick in and out meal but it is worth the wait.

Visited August 2013
“Great place for dinner!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We had visited back in 2006 and went again on our latest vacation with friends and family. The food was very good but we did have a bit of a wait before it came out. While we were waiting, a man came up to play and sing Italian songs for us. He was great! Overall, it was a great experience and a lot of fun!

Fish Creek, Wisconsin
“a little bit of Italy in Door County”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was introduced to Villaggios by a friend in my continuous search for good Italian fare in Door County. My first sampling of their wonderful Italian cuisine was the La Cena I'insalata--a generous salad with fresh vegetables interspersed with Italian meats and cheeses. I even got a little crazy and added succulent shrimp to the bounty!!! Being Italian, I am (sadly) pretty picky about just how a good provolone or a prosciutto, salami and pepperoni should taste, so I am very happy to say that the cheese and the meats on this super salad easily passed the muster for taste and texture!!! My next foray into Villaggios numerous dining offerings (full menu available at their website) was a Torte Giardino-- a garden pizza that was just as good as the salad for the amount and freshness of the multiple veggies bedded on their signature pizza sauce with fresh, melted--gooey--mozzarella---yumm!!! THE BEST PART WAS THAT BOTH TIMES I WAS ABLE TO CALL AND HAVE THESE DELECTABLE DELIGHTS DELIVERED!!! Villaggios-located in Juddville-delivers to the Fish Creek and Egg Harbor areas!!! Since then I have been hooked on their food--calling often for convenient delivery and trying several other Insalatas and Tortes--including their newest-a four cheese epiphany of ricotta, shredded and fresh mozzarella, provolone and just the perfect amount of basil!!! I can say their Chicken Bianco with Fettuccini (garlic chicken breasts with fresh mushrooms drenched in a creamy Alfredo sauce with prosciutto over linguini) is to die for and am looking forward to trying the Ricotta Gnocchi (an Italian potato-based dumpling served with sun-dried tomatoes and asparagus with a Gorgonzola cream sauce). The restaurant is open daily May through October from 5pm to close with winter weekend hours (Friday-Sunday) November through April 5pm to close--much to the delight of us locals!!! Celebrating the importance of "La Familia" , Monday through Thursday "la bambinos" dine in for free from the children's menu. The ambience in the restaurant is pure Italy--with vibrant colors and festive décor--there is even a strolling musician to serenade you during your dining experience!!! During the summer season you can enjoy the Italian love songs of John Contratto and his concertina. Looking forward to the next time I get to enjoy Villaggios fine food!!!

Wauwatosa
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have been going to Villaggio's for the last couple of years. We try to go to dinner there at least once in every trip to Door County. The food is very good and we've always had good service. Like most places in Door County, they rely on imported help during the summer. The wait staff has always been friendly and pleasant. The bread served with every meal is actually twisted pizza crust baked with some herbs on top of it. That alone is worth the trip. We usually split the Casa salad and the bread for dinner and walk out full. It is by far the cheapest meal we've had in Door County (or anywhere) that wasn't crappy fast food. The bill is less than $20 before tip. Well worth it!!