“Great little motel with attentive service.”

Julie's Park Cafe & Motel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fish Creek
Chicago, Illinois
“Great little motel with attentive service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just got back from a long weekend at Julie's. We really enjoyed the stay and would stay again. One teeny issue that we had was that one side of the bed was higher than the other. (Room 9, the right side of the bed if you are standing in the doorway). Other than that, the food in the restaurant was really yummy; we had both lunch and dinner. They have a lot of delicious vegetarian options.

I would recommend and return to this motel based on the level of customer service provided. We were offered free tea and coffee all day; which was provided with a smile. We also requested an extra blanket and pillow which we received within 10 minutes. If you are hesitating, just book it!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank lulubears

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Elmhurst, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The location is very good for the American Folk theater and Peninsula State park. The room was large, parking visible from door. Bathroom a little dated, but clean. Attached diner served a good breakfast. Price was good as well. While we were not disappointed, we didn't feel blown away. There are lots of places to stay up and down Door County. Nothing here really calls us back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bdf
Abrams
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our first stay at Julie's motel. Upon arrival the front desk/cafe girls were very nice. I originally had room 8 booked which Shane said was all newly painted, new furniture, new carpeting. When I got there they switched me to room 11, no excuse given. The girl assured me room 11 was "nicer". Nothing I could say since they were booked for the night. The room itself was pretty small and dark. The only lights were 3 little lamps that really didn't shine much light in the room. The bathroom was a huge disappointment, as there were no outlets. As a girl my daily routine is blow drying and either curling or straightening my hair. Since we were out of toilet paper I called the front desk and they immediately sent someone, again very nice. She felt my pain and suggested unplugging the tiny lamp on the desk (not sure why someone would need a desk in a room, I'd rather see other upgrades) but then if be in the dark doing my hair. The bed was very very hard. The room was overall clean. But would not stay here again. It's nice that it's per friendly.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sassysugarbaby
Shane_Julies, Owner at Julie's Park Cafe & Motel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your nice comments about our service. We are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay.
Our motel is a work in progress. We bought the motel in 2010 and have been making improvements to the rooms since then. The first year we replaced all of the TVs from the very small dated brown TVs to flat screens. When we did this we had to replace some of the desks because a previous owner had bolted some of the TVs to the desks. While we know that guests would rather see other pieces of the room updated first, we could not leave desks with holes in the rooms. Since we purchased the motel we have repainted 7 rooms, replaced carpet in 11 rooms, redone 6 bathrooms, have new mattresses in 8 rooms, and done other misc. work inside and out.
We are working on making the rooms as user friendly as possible. Thank you for your feedback on the lighting and outlets as we will take this into account as we continue to improve the motel rooms.
When describing our rooms, we describe them as simple, clean and inexpensive. We know they are not fancy, luxiourius rooms and have priced them according to this. As far as we know, there isn't a less expensive room in Fish Creek. We cater to guests who are looking for a simple room in which to sleep because they plan on being out and about around the county during their stay.
We hope that you will try us again in the future. You can request a room that has a new mattress and an outlet in the bathroom. (We hope that soon they will all have this -especially new mattresses as we plan on replacing more each year.) We want our guests to be happy and enjoy their stay.
Princeton, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I will say that just going on the pics for Julie's I was a little apprehensive. I picked it though because it was listed as pet friendly. As it tuned out it was a wonderful little place! The rooms were clean, the bathrooms updated and there was a great little yard in which you could hang out with the dog! I actually extended my stay an extra day which meant I had to change rooms so I stayed in toe rooms. Room 2 is an awesome room! The beds (2 queens) were nice and very comfy. There was a nice sofa as well. The bathroom was big with a fill size tub/shower combo. I will request this room when I go back. Room 9 was the other room. It was also very clean with an updated bathroom. There was one queen bed that didn't have the updated mattress. Overall a great experience at Julie's! If you travel with your pet or if you don't it's a great little place.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Shane F
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We love Julie's Cafe and Motel!!! Located in Fish Creek, WI! The BEST BREAKFAST in town!!! I'd go there everyday for breakfast, especially when we're in Door County! Fantastic food and great staff! Their grouper fish sandwich is so YUMMY! Also the CHEESE CURDS. YUM! They have great coffee too. Pastries are wonderful. Always clean!!! The motel rooms are perfect. Again, always CLEAN!!! If you need something just ask. Love the atmosphere too. Close enough to walk everywhere in the Fish Creek area. Always look forward to Fish Creek/Door County trips!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Depends on how many are visiting Fish Creek. Any room is great, again depends on 1, 2 or larger gro...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank 13family13
Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We just returned from our first trip to Door County and we too brought our dogs. I was overwhelmed by the friendliness on the phone while booking a night on the busiest /week-weekend of the year- we landed a room for one night and scheduled our vacation round it. While the rooms are a bit outdated - they were clean !! The motel does a huge restaurant business and probably doesn't need a motel- but how cute it looks- and very good location. Who spends time in their rooms anyway??? We would go back- and we are bummed out we didn't get a chance to eat breakfast as we had dinner delivered to our room the night before.( I must recommend the BLT on sourdough bread!!)

Room Tip: Go for the biggest room farthest away from the traffic from the very popular restaurant!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CatherineB5
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Door County in Wisconsin is a great place to visit and Peninsula State Park is one of the best in the state. Julie's Park Cafe and Motel is situated right at the entrance. The Cafe is good but the motel is a throw back to an earlier era. Don't stay there if you want a coffee maker in your room. Don't stay there if you can't deal with a funky shower. Don't stay there if you plan to use a hair dryer. (Turning one on trips the cricut breaker killing the electricity for your unit and those around you. (After shorting out three times, a Julie employee brought my sister an extension cord and told her to plug it into the air conditioner outlet.) The room was clean, the help nice but the room could have used better sound proofing.

Room Tip: I'm guessing rooms in the middle are a little quieter than those on the end.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay
The Ashbrooke
The Ashbrooke
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Julie's Park Cafe & Motel? Share your experiences!