“Great Place for coffee or small meal”
Review of Blue Horse Cafe

Blue Horse Cafe
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Edgewood, Kentucky
“Great Place for coffee or small meal”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Small and intimate and centrally located in downtown Fish Creek, the food was simple but good and coffee very good. And, service with a smile despite the very busy season. Grab a table in front by the large windows so you can get a view of the bay and the people walking by. I'll definitely go back.

Fish Creek, Wisconsin
“love the new locale!!!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Finally got a chance to "check out" the new location of Blue Horse Café, now located right across from Clark Beach in Fish Creek--with an awesome view from pretty much all of the seating areas!!! (Had to snag a table in the rear of the café as it was busy (as usual) with lots of locals and Door County visitors enjoying a warm libation on a chilly autumn day!!!) Had my usual--an iced mocha--while others around me opted for warmer liquids such as hot chocolates piled high with chocolate-drizzled whip cream and fresh ground dark, robust espressos--that smelled absolutely wonderful ,as the friendly, experienced barista competently (and quickly) filled our orders!!! I wandered around, "soaking" in the warm, cozy, bright atmosphere on this overcast fall day and was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of the same familiar items of note that I remembered from their previous location along with some whimsical new decorations that lended themselves quite well to the welcoming ambience of the café. Seating may be limited (and coveted--had to re-snag a chair for my imminent dining companion as co-diners sought out some prime seating fro themselves!!!), but once you are seated you are privy to the wonderful view of the bayside beach right across the road. I was glad to see some of my favorites (such as the roast turkey sandwich) are still on the menu which you can view on their website, along with some new offerings (the cranberry pecan salad!!!) I cant wait to try the next time I get a chance to dine here. Also offered are fresh ground coffees to enjoy at home, daily fresh-baked goods that include various biscotti, and deliciously dark n decadent chocolates including espresso bean filled horses, and caramel turtles!!! Open year round (yeah!!!) from 7am until 5pm, Blue Horse remains one of my favorite places to eat, drink and socialize in Door County!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“Absolutely FANTASTIC little breakfast cafe”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were staying directly next door to this place and my wife and I became absolutely addicted to the coffees here. We returned every morning! The white mochas (my wife's favorite) were delicious and the seasonal pumpkin spice latte was superb. We also would get a couple cups of oatmeal for ourselves and our son. LOVE this place!

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I had the sunrise breakfast sandwich, my wife had a turkey pesto sandwich - both were very tasty and included fresh fruit and granola. Coffee was also good. You get what you pay for...which was a great, quick breakfast. Also, nice view of the harbor from the porch seating area.

Only negative is that they ask for a tip (apple cash register) when paying before receiving your food. Since the food was so good not a big deal. We will definitely stop in again.

• Visited September 2013
Arlington Heights, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous place for coffee, lattes, food, and spectacular view of water!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

When in Fish Creek, Door County, WI. be sure to stop here for a wonderful cup of coffee, great lattes, etc. Super friendly folks here who give service with a smile! Great view of Fish Creek bay and beach from the porch!

• Visited August 2013