“Best coffee in Door County”
Review of Blue Horse Cafe

Blue Horse Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had sandwiches and coffee and both were outstanding. I had a turkey pesto sandwich that was terrific. Service was fast; staff was pleasant. I would have lunch there every day if I could!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stopped for coffee on a below zero morning recently and were treated to delicious hot coffee, jalapeño cheese biscuits and awesome sandwiches (you can get breakfast or lunch sandwiches all day). We shared the meatzilla and a curry chicken sandwich both served on outstanding warm and lightly toasted bread. The meatzilla was loaded with different breakfast meats and egg and bacon. I would recommend either sandwich. They had several varieties of coffee and a bottomless mug for $2. Happy servers, happy customers (and many of them) all with a great view over the (frozen) harbor and bay. Great in winter and summer, and with it being one of the few places open early, weekends and in winter, definitely work a stop. Easy on street parking.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I stopped at the Blue Horse Cafe for a mid afternoon coffee and sweet and we were pleased we did stop. I had the African Cinnanmon coffee and the everything muffin. Both outstanding, but the coffee blew me away! I usually do not drink flavored coffee, but this was excellent and did not have a fru fru flavor. An excellent outing. My wife enjoyed her coffee and a cinnamon bun, she was very happy.
To top off the coffee and sweet, we watched the sun set over Peninsula State Park from the front porch, a very fine visual indeed!

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We thought this was a neat little place! Owner operators were very friendly! Great view of the lake and a relaxed environment. Food and drinks were awesome! Had curry chicken and Italian sausage sandwiches with gingerbread chai and caramel apple cider to drink. would recommend these to try!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Have ordered sandwiches here several times (for both breakfast and lunch) and have never been disappointed - really delicious. Italian on focaccia and Curried Chicken are two of my favs. Love the new location too. Unfortunately the owner always seems a bit surly which I'll admit keeps me from coming in more often.