“4.5 star lunch, we had no intention of going to until until we biked past”
Review of Arroyo Bay Grill - CLOSED

Arroyo Bay Grill
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Description: Door County's Most Authentic Mexican Restaurant! Breakfast Lunch Dinner Happy Hour Outside Patio Margaritas Pizza American/Gluten Free Options.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

First off, let me say I'm incredibly critical of margaritas and mexican food because I happen to make both amazing mexican food AND margaritas at home. Neverless, we were biking to the gas station in dire need of bug spray and we passed Arroyo, the smell was what attracted us..we weren't even planning on getting lunch. Neverless, we walked in and the man was incredibly kind and so very nice to talk with. We ordered the bean dip which was flavorful and so yummy, better than most that are just bland with cheese sprinkled on top. We both ordered margaritas and they were absolutely fantastic, had we not needed to bike home, I would have drank many more. I ordered the chimichanga lunch and added white cheddar cheese sauce, my husband ordered 2 soft shell tacos. BOth were very flavorful and juicy. The rice and beans actually were well seasoned and very good. The white cheddar cheese sauce was a great addition to my chimchanga also. My only recommendations are thinning out the cheese sauce slightly and seasoning the chips. Otherwise a great lunch.

1  Thank Ashley K
There are newer reviews for Arroyo Bay Grill

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The wife and I were looking for someplace to eat and saw this place was open. We were seated immediately, and our waiter, Cody, was being trained. He was very attentive and polite. The manager seemed to more about prices of things than customer service. The salsa was slightly tastier than ketchup, but I guess I shouldn't complain since it was free. The food: I ordered a fajita salad in a taco bowl and my wife ordered chicken chimichanga. Both portions were excellent sizes. Now to the moment we all have been waiting for. The Margarita. It was the Best tasting margarita that my wife and I have ever tasted. So smooth and the fruit taste was not lost. So if you want good food, decent prices, and an awesome margarita; then stop in and ask for Cody.

1  Thank Chida_n_Puppy
Reviewed 18 May 2014

When we arrived for breakfast one Sunday morning, we were a little worried--there was only one other table occupied, and the restaurant is quite large. Moreover, we'd driven by a few other places and their parking lots were full. Hmmmm.

But we were more than pleased. The Mexican-inspired breakfast offerings were excellent, and the service gracious and attentive. There really was little to complain about. Further, they allow you select your dishes to be "spicy" or not. If there is a minor objection it is that my breakfast choice--the chilequiles--weren't spicy enough. Still, it was more than delectable.

So don't be deterred if appears quiet and unattended. You'll make a fine selection for breakfast.

1  Thank MongoSchwartz
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I think taco bell has better Mexican cuisine. I could have went to the store and opened my own cans. So if you like canned food reheated this is the place. What a joke of mexican. Disgrace

1  Thank hotfoods
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Pleasant waitresses, cute dresses, no waiting. Food very bland. Beans, rice and sauce seemed to come out of a can. Quite tasteless, can do better at my own home. I'm surprised to read positive comments posted by others.

1  Thank bdfOakland