“Great stay great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites

AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Fish Creek
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great stay great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

After calling several other hotels in the area, and getting very rude responses, or no call backs, we called Apple Creek and were extremely impressed by how friendly they were. We stayed for a weekend for a short winter getaway. The staff was extremely friendly, the room was clean and quiet, and we were very comfortable. We have a diesel truck, which needs to be plugged in when it's very cold out, and they were extremely accommodating by letting us plug it in at night near the front door. The price was affordable for the small suite we had, which had a fireplace and hot tub. The indoor pool was also clean and nice. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B K

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

My first trip to this area was this past December. The Apple Creek Resort was very difficult to contact in the first place for reserving a room and my call was returned a few days later. I was in town for a wedding. When arrived I had called prior and had to cancel due to a funeral for Friday night. They told me they had my for Thursday through Friday. I said no I was suppose to be there Friday-Sunday am. When I arrived they changed it for now Saturday through Sunday. I was to be refunded for the fees. The card was not refunded and I called after finding out about it and was not followed up with a return call once again. I had a friend staying there also that had a terrible experience and was transferred between rooms. I love the area and would recommend that the management work on customer service skills and follow up. The area has many great areas to check out winter and I am sure summer. The hotel was very nice but the service needs to be upgraded to meet the hotel and its charm. I was not refunded and not called back. I will not recommend this place and will stay elsewhere unless I hear management has changed and increased their customer service.

Room Tip: Call and call again to confirm all your needs before booking a room here. Ask for copies and docume...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KOStout
Hancock, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We wanted an affordable place to stay and found fish harbor central in door county. Apple creek had very nice rooms. We used the fireplace and kitchenette. The pool and hot tub were clean and comfortable. I would stay here again. It was half the price of the resorts nearby

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Lena J
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Apple Creek Resort is located directly across from Peninsula State Park in Door County, Wisconsin. This is one of our favorite destinations. We got the queen suite which has four rooms: living room/ kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and whirlpool tub room. Very private and comfortably laid out, we felt right at home. There's patio doors leading to a deck overlooking woods and the pool with hot tub were accessible from the deck. The suite was very clean and we could tell they paid attention to the details. The whirlpool tub was heaven after a day of snowshoeing the park. There's a big flat screen TV in the living room and bedroom. The kitchenette has a sink, countertop, microwave, and frig. Just right for our needs. The owner was polite and accommodating. They even sent us in the mail a folder that dropped out of our car when we left. Outstanding! We would not hesitate to return here.

Room Tip: off season rates are excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James A
Wonder Lake, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We journey up to Door County each winter for x-c skiing (if snow), hiking and to generally get away from the hustle and bustle, and have stayed there numerous times. The AppleCreek Resort is located in the perfect location for us, and the suites we've stayed in have been clean and well furnished. The staff and desk people have been very helpful to us in recommending restaurants and other attractions in the area, and have been very accommodating to us when we have asked. The pool and hot tub sure makes it nice, and the fireplace in the main lobby is nice to sit by if your suite doesn't have a fireplace. We will definitely be looking to stay there again.

Room Tip: Upper suites have been our choice, but be sure to ask if there are any specials being offered.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Pine Bluff, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Lynne at AppleCreek Resort was a wonderful resource when planning a multi-family vacation. Our family required a wide variety of rooms due to 5 separate families getting together. Lynne provided information on numerous local attractions and restaurants including discounts available for staying with them. Suggestions for activities were made for the wide range of ages (1-84) in our family. Chad made check-in very easy and convenient for everyone in our group. All staff we met during the week were welcoming and very professional.

AppleCreek met all our needs very well!! The deluxe guest house provided a spacious area for the entire family to get together and enjoy meals together. The full kitchen made meal preparation easy. Laundry facilities in the house were an added bonus. All motel rooms had small microwaves and fridges which made snacks convenient for the kiddos.

When we needed information about the camp that employed our mother in 1945, Lynne called several knowledgeable local people and set times we could meet them!! A service well above and beyond what we would ever have expected but much appreciated!!

AppleCreek is conveniently located close to the main street in Fish Creek. It is easily within walking distance of shops, restaurants, entertainment, etc. that Fish Creek has to offer. All our rooms (3 plus guest house) were extremely clean and fresh smelling! They were spacious and very comfortable. The "younger set" enjoyed the indoor pool area immensely!

When we visit Fish Creek in the future, we will only consider staying at AppleCreek Resort!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Donna1 G
Bar Harbor, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I wish I had read the other terrible reviews before I called. I t was across the street from my workshop and it was the first on the list. I reserved a small room weeks in advance for 4 nights. After no confirmation, I attempted communication by email,but the address on the website came back undeliverable.. I called and was told my reservation was cancelled. The 3 rooms left were twice the price and she was unwilling to accomodate me. She then said one smaller room was now available for one night, so again I reserved it with my credit card. Again no email confirmatiom. I called the next day and repeated the reservation process ( it is right across from the school) and recieved a confirmation letter with a 50. charge to my credit card.the room had jumped in price, but no time to deal wit it. A few hours later I recieved another email confirmation for 98. for the same room. My credit card confirmed that 146. was pending, almost twice the rate quoted. I called and was told that I would have to talk to Lynn -tomorrow. I said the charges were not authorized and I wanted to cancel. He informed me it was not possible as there was a 15 day cancellation policy , of course I was not told that.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Open Hearth Lodge
Open Hearth Lodge
#2 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!