“Good Place But Watch For ....”
Review of Cedar Court Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fish Creek
Cedar Court Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Fish Creek B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Place But Watch For ....”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Room 25 has too much morning light coming through the one wall full of windows. The sun comes up real early when you are this far north and the Venetian blinds that are on the windows don't block enough light. A better set of window treatments would go a long way to solving this problem and allowing a traveler to sleep later in the morning.

Also, a few of these rooms are located on a second floor walk-up of a long flight of outside steps. This may be difficult for some. If you can't make the steps, ask for something on the ground level.

Room Tip: A ground level room may be your best bet if morning light wakes you or if you want to avoid a long f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Bobby M, Owner at Cedar Court Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
We are currently addressing options for window treatment in room #25. It has very large set of windows that face north towards the harbor and is one of our more popular rooms. It starts getting light at 4 AM in peak summer with sunrise at 5 AM. The early light also bothers me (sometimes) at home but I accept it as part of the unique beauty of Door County. As for the steps they are the same ordinance approved steps found in most all 2 story lodging units in the area. Let us know in advance and we will try to get you on the ground floor (better views on 2nd floor). If there is not a ground floor unit available we will gladly carry your luggage upstairs for you. Thank you, Bob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Cedar Court Inn May 16th through the 18th for our anniversary. We reserved room 25 on the 2nd floor. When we arrived, they congratulated us on our anniverary and had upgraded us to suite 20. It was a charming room with a living room and see-through fireplace. It also had a private balcony.

Everyone at the Inn was so incredibly friendly. Lots of "Good Mornings!" "How is your stay?" "Is there anything we can do for you?" We just loved the location. There are lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance and the lake is just down the road.

The Inn was very quiet and just lovely. We are already planning a return trip with two other couples and will likely reserve one of the cabins.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wiscmo
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I came up to Door County for the first time and we're blown away by the beauty of it all! We had an upstairs, corner room, #23. We loved being able to hear the leaves rustling and get the cool clean air crossing through our room. Although we loved the room itself (which was spotlessly clean), there was no microwave, and no table of any kind. It turned out to be more of an issue than we thought as we had to hold our laptops in our lap if we wanted to use the internet. Also we had brought a couple of board games that we would have played. The staff were all a joy and offered to microwave our leftover restaurant food in their office.
The location was AWESOME! We were able to walk everywhere in town within 5 minutes, there was parking right at the foot of the stairs to the second floor balcony, and we thought it was the most picturesque of all the places in town. We would stay there without hesitation if we were to go back, but ask for a larger room with a table.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank VonniTN
New berlin
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I could not be more pleased with our stay at Cedar Court Inn. My wife and I love to cook and relax so we booked the mini cottage and were overly surprised how spacious, clean and comfy the place was. I have to say this was not a mini cottage but a house. This was the most fully stocked Kitchen I have ever rented, we brought some basic things for cooking utensils etc, but did not need one of them, even cleaning supplies and foil!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul O
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 October 2013

After reading reviews, I had much higher expectations for the Cedar Court Inn which left me a bit disappointed. To keep my summary brief, here are the pros and cons to staying here. PROS: Very good location! Walking distance to the shops, restaurants, bars, and the water. Bed was comfortable, decent TV with cable, cozy little fake fireplace. CONS (this will pertain to Fireplace suite #22 - Toilet seat was crooked on the frame, water in the shower was backwards (hot/cold valve), shower head was terrible (sprayed very forceful water which was not relaxing and you felt wind going past your head), the bathroom faucet sprayed sideways, room was TINY.... when I say the room was small I mean there is less than 5 feet from the end of the bed to the entrance and less than 5 feet from the bed to the bathroom and only 2 feet between the other side of the bed and the wall. Other observations, toilet paper was cheap/rough feeling, bath towels were not soft either and I wish we had brought our own. Also may be helpful to know, not all the rooms have a 'private' balcony (ours was a shared porch with 2 other rooms).
To summarize, my husband and I drove the entire peninsula and Fish Creek really is the BEST little town there is. We will definitely be back but next time we will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ladybug12445
king48, Owner at Cedar Court Inn, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Unfortunately the guest never registered a complaint or concern with the front desk. We appreciate the chance to address any problems or concerns from our guests. When I made a routine inspection of all rooms--yes-- the toilet seat was loose in #22. It took less than a minute to tighten the nylon seat screw. This was an online reservation. I feel that #22 is well depicted in the photo as to its size & the distance between the door & bed. We offer FREE upgrades to larger rooms when available. In no place, that I am aware of, does this room advertise a private balcony. Our lines are washed & dried in commercial machines. To go one step further we hand fold all linens (300 thread count cotton or better) to avoid the crispness & creases of commercial ironing presses. Thank You
Red Wing, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had reserved specialty room 27 but upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded to room 26. This was a nice surprise, room 26 had a fireplace & room 27 did not, this was nice because the weather was a little cool while we there. Rooms 23-28 are all on the same side of the building with a nice porch in front of the rooms. There is a large courtyard with picnic tables in back of the building. It truly is located within walking distance of shops and restaurants and yet this group of rooms is on a more secluded side of the building. Our room and bathroom were both large and very clean and comfortable. I very much appreciated the lighting in the room. There were several lamps and a ceiling light.There was refrigerator and coffee maker in our room, but no microwave. We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BPete5
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

The place was great! The people were wonderful to deal with . Amazing location!!! The best get away my husband and I had in years!!! Can't wait to go back. When we go back this is the place I will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites
The Landing Resort
The Landing Resort
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Cedar Court Inn? Share your experiences!