“July Trip 2014”
Review of Main Street Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fish Creek
Main Street Motel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fish Creek
“July Trip 2014”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very clean, quiet, great location with authentic Door County charm. The owner, Nedra, warmly greets you at the the front desk. Easy walks to sunset beach, White Gull Inn, shops, restaurants, and waterfront. Lovely garden patio area for relaxing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patricia M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I've stayed here twice and both times have found the location ideal, and the rooms nicely decorated and the service very good. Much nicer landscaping thank your average motel and rooms on a par with the major chains, if not nicer.
We will be returning.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dvhigdon
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Great stay for the price. Very friendly employees. The location was great because everything was within walking distance. Cottage row is right next to the Motel and is a fun leisurely bike ride with grand lake side homes. Breakfast at the White Gull is close too.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tim M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Two years ago I stayed here and was so pleased with the cleanliness, location and price. The owner is still decorating her rooms and is as enthusiastic as ever. I can tell you the location is excellent, in the middle of Fish Creek. The restaurants are a 5 min. walking distance. The Bay is 3 short blocks away.
The rooms are clean and all decorated and fresh looking. There is nothing "tired" about the rooms.
There is one caveat: both times I asked about restaurants in Fish Creek and both times the owners suggested the Bayside Tavern. In my opinion, there are more enjoyable restaurants in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank niffermc17
Alachua
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I last wrote about Main Street Motel a couple years ago and I just have to say I still love this place! I've stayed for a month each May and then for several days this past August. Nedra makes each visit so enjoyable! It's obvious from the minute you walk in the door that this place is extremely well maintained and MY comfort was a top priority. I love the fact that she is concerned about the enjoyment of ALL her customers to the extent that she tries to keep children on the lower level when possible to limit possible loudness and running. She worries about their safety because she's seen many, many years of how quickly a child can move. As long as parents act responsibly, I've always seen her be friendly and warm.

And if anyone wants a clean, clean, clean room - this is your place to stay in Fish Creek! I'd gladly take her cleaning crew home with me because they do a really good job on a daily basis. Nedra is extremely proactive in the upkeep of her motel.

And although many of the days spent at Main Street Motel have been "solo", my husband, a sister and a friend have also made return visits because they also share the values this motel presents.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Linnjcm
Edgewood, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Clean, quiet and conveniently located in downtown Fish Creek. My room was small but had all the ameneties including a small fridge. Rooms and outside landscaping artfully decorated. Also a great value considering the busy season.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd level very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris S
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed at the Main Street Motel this past weekend (Th-Sat). We were greeted in the lobby by an older woman (whom I can only assume is the owner, Nedra). Her welcome was fairly cold and as soon as she saw our 2 year old son with us she commented quietly that he was cute, followed by "I'm not going to have problems with him running up and down my stairs now am I?" It took all I had for the mama bear in me not to come out and say a few choice words back to her and I think she knew this because she tried to change her tune with me, but like I said, first impressions last a long time.

We had a hard time enjoying our annual Door County trip while at the motel because we were so fearful that she was going to call us for any little peep our son made in the room.

The railings on the upper level of the motel are spaced so far apart that a young child could literally fall to their demise without proper supervision, the rooms only lock from the outside, the beds were really hard, their was soap scum in the bottom of our tub and the tub was slow to drain.

No where on the website for this motel does it say kids are not welcome, but while eating at a local establishment I happened to pick up a DC guide and see they are but checked off for "children welcome."

The bright side: we didn't spend a terrible amount of money to stay here and we won't recommend it to anyone we know.

• Stayed October 2013
#1 of 10 in Fish Creek
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Main Street Motel? Share your experiences!