“Great food and friendly service!”

The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: The Cookery is a family run restaurant and wine bar in Fish Creek since 1977. Serving "fresh food, expertly prepared" (Midwest Living, Best of the Midwest). Our menu features American fare with a creative twist, all menu items are made from start to finish in our kitchen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily. Also offering a nice selection of vegetarian entrees and gluten free items.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our first trip to Fish Creek and my wife and I were very happy to find this great restaurant. Food was excellent, dining al fresco was perfect for mid-June and the service was warm and charming. We will definitely eat here next time we visit!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stopped her for late lunch/early dinner right before 4pm on our arrival into Door County. Place looked different, and the reason why was due to a fire in 2008? They added a 2nd floor with porch for wine bar. We chose to enjoy main floor patio. Started with a Spotted Cow for my wife and I. I had the Cookery Club and my wife had the Perch sandwich. Both were very good. We used to come for breakfast and were informed they cut breakfast when they reopened after fire, but brought breakfast back due to demand. Didn't get to have breakfast this trip, but I should have bought a Pecan roll or Cinnamon Roll for later.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Bar and restaurant overlooking Hwy. 42 in Fish Creek with a partial lake view has an excellent happy hour with great waitstaff, warming lights for chillier days, an excellent list of wines, beers and yummy tasting plates.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

As a first meal in Fish Creek, I would say this restaurant was great way to start. There was great service and delicious bread rolls. The waiters were friendly and eager to make us happy. The food came out in a reasonable timeframe and everything looked delicious. We ate to live music.

I shared the vegetarian linguini with my fiancé and we were both pleased. The rest of our group had different meals that were exceptionally good.

For desert we all shared a large piece of carrot cake with vanilla ice cream.

I would give this restaurant a big two thumbs up.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stopped at The Cookery for breakfast but realized it was past the breakfast serving time. My waitress was very accommodating and asked what I was hungry for and then made it happen! Served along with my meal was a delicious portion of cherry preserves. A beautiful view of the bay while eating this great food made for a perfect brunch to break up my day of shopping. Wonderful.