“Phenomenal”

The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Cookery is a family run restaurant and wine bar in Fish Creek since 1977. Serving "fresh food, expertly prepared" (Midwest Living, Best of the Midwest). Our menu features American fare with a creative twist, all menu items are made from start to finish in our kitchen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily. Also offering a nice selection of vegetarian entrees and gluten free items.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We split the eggplant fries and they were so just-right - not greasy at all, light and crispy. Each of us had an entree. All was prepared to 5-star gourmet standards. Great menu with variety and fresh new ideas. Plenty of wait staff to do your bidding. We highly recommend this chef-inspired restaurant.

1  Thank TravlingBard
There are newer reviews for The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went to The Cookery for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed the dishes we ordered. The BLT with potato salad and applesauce was outstanding as well as the salmon fillet sandwich. Service was a little slow but busy as you would expect.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been coming here once a year for the past five years. Every meal has been delicious. The Whitefish Chowder is a great starter, and if you are up for something fun to drink I recommend you try the Cherry Ginger Ale. We always enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and the beautiful views of the downtown Fish Creek area. Worth a stop for one of your Door County meals.

2  Thank Campinggrl18
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We ate at the Cookery on a Friday night with friends. Consistent with our past visits, the food, drinks and service were all very good. They had no problem accommodating the gluten- and dairy-free requirements of one in our party. Remains one of our favorite places to eat in DC.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We dined on a Monday around 6:30 with 2 kids. They sat us right away without bothering to ask if we wanted to sit outside. Oh well. The server was very scatterbrained. She was nice but just forgot things, never asked if wanted more drinks and never brought us water. Actually, I looked around and none of the other diners around us had water either so maybe they just don't bring it? I had the Door County salad with crab cakes added. It was OK but there was so much cheese it was overpowering. My husband has salmon and he said it was good. My meal said it came with a dinner roll and it did not. Then when I asked I felt like a bread pig! My husband said his salmon was also missing something it mentioned in the menu. I wouldn't go back. It felt pretentious and worst of all about an hour after we left my stomach was in knots and I felt very sick. Who knows but I was fine before my meal.

caskare00, Owner at The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Your experience, both food and service, was certainly not up to our standards. About six years ago, we became a Travel Green Wisconsin certified business. As part of our efforts to be a more sustainable restaurant and conserve water, we do only serve water upon request. The bread, however, should have been brought to your table automatically. We will be using your review as follow up training for our serving staff as scatterbrained service is certainly not our standard of service.

We are happy to hear your husband enjoyed his salmon, that is one of our more popular entrees. The gorgonzola in the Door County Salad is a strong flavored cheese, and we are happy to make it without cheese upon request. We take a lot of pride in the freshness of our food and cleanliness of our kitchen, we certainly hope that your stomach ache was not due to our restaurant.