“Best Place for a Glass of Wine in DC”

The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: The Cookery is a family run restaurant and wine bar in Fish Creek since 1977. Serving "fresh food, expertly prepared" (Midwest Living, Best of the Midwest). Our menu features American fare with a creative twist, all menu items are made from start to finish in our kitchen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily. Also offering a nice selection of vegetarian entrees and gluten free items.
“Best Place for a Glass of Wine in DC”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a couple of glasses of vino and an appetizer I the 2nd floor balcony overlooking the Bay. We went during happy hour so the wine was priced low and as well as the app ( a very nice French onion dip with fresh cut chips).

Service was attentive and friendly, view was spectacular, the bill was reasonable, and the selection of wine was very nice (especially for the area, which I think features too many of the local wines which leave a lot to be desired for my palate).

I'm not sure why this doesn't rank as the best place to have a drink in Door County- it is in my opinion.

1 Thank Drewtravels22

Sycamore, Illinois
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Couldn't get into the White Gull so we tried this place and it was terrific! Will come back next time and try dinner or lunch.

Visited August 2014
Wilmington, Delaware
“Two Wonderful Meals”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

During a week in Door County, we had the opportunity to eat in many different restaurants,and this is one we chose to return to a second time. My favorite side dish was the Eggplant Fries! I love eggplant any which way, but had never had them as a substitute for the regular potato or sweet potato fries. Simply enchanting way to enjoy my favorite vegetable. The restaurant's menu is diverse and offers wonderful flavor combinations. They are also able to accommodate those who need gluten free foods.

“Fresh and delicious”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is the second time that we have had dinner here. Both meals were exceptional. The walleye was fresh and delicious. The Asian slaw was exceptional. My husband and the salmon which was also delicious. The kids' menu had some healthy options along with traditional "kid" items.

Dubuque, Iowa
“Good breakfast with a nice menu.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Read the reviews about this place before we came to town. Wanted to check it out the wine bar at night and were pleased that we did. Went back for breakfast the next morning, the food was good, the service was pleasant. We left feeling satisfied and ready to explore the area.