“Best View with Wine”

The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: The Cookery is a family run restaurant and wine bar in Fish Creek since 1977. Serving "fresh food, expertly prepared" (Midwest Living, Best of the Midwest). Our menu features American fare with a creative twist, all menu items are made from start to finish in our kitchen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily. Also offering a nice selection of vegetarian entrees and gluten free items.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Cookery has a beautiful second story outdoor patio. Lovely happy hour from 3-6 with reasonable wine/appetizers. Ryan is the most friendly and entertaining bartender in Door County! I tell him this is why we keep coming back.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This place for sure has some of the best outdoor seating in Door County. Best salad I had all week! Small kid menu servings. Our 12 year old is getting close to needing the adult menu. The mac and cheese is maybe a 1/4 cup serving. Great presentation and fresh produce. Service was top notch and on top of things.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I had a lovely dinner at the Cookery. We sat outside with a view of the water and both the meal and service were excellent.

We shared the assorted Wisconsin Cheese Plate which we loved. The cheeses were served with delicious homemade bread and homemade cherry chutney. I bought 2 bottles of the chutney to take home. Yummy.

We both had walleye and it was perfectly prepared.

There bakery items looked amazing.

Definitely would eat there again. Very nice wine list too.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were lucky enough to find a place to park on a really busy day in Door County and I am so glad we did. We enjoyed lunch here about 2 PM so it was busy but no waiting. Greeted at the door and given the option of sitting inside or out, booth or table. Nice spacing, so guests are not crowded in as is the case in many restaurants. Friendly waiter kept drinks filled and service was good. Others in our party ordered the pulled pork sandwich with potato salad, veg quesadilla, and I ordered the fish chowder and a half order of the salad with apples, cherries and walnuts. The fish chowder was delicious. Hot, creamy and flavorful. The greens and salad ingredients were fresh as can be and the serving much larger than I expected. Very good lunch! Dessert sounded good but no room on this trip. I look forward to eating here again, want to try breakfast.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I spent a long weekend in Door County, staying in Fish Creek. Our first evening there, we walked through the business district checking out menus and decided to give The Cookery a try. We are so glad we did. I had the scallops on fresh spinach...delicious. My husband had the walleye and declared it to be one of the best fish meals he had ever eaten, and this is a man who has enjoyed the freshest fish while visiting Hawaii on numerous vacations. He reluctantly allowed me a small taste and I agreed it was exceptional. Our server, Kirstin, was efficient and friendly, without rushing us. We enjoyed our meal so much we returned two days later for a very tasty breakfast. Our waiter that morning, Trevor, took great care of us. We would happily return to The Cookery.