“Our kids can't wait to go back!”
Review of Parkwood Lodge

Parkwood Lodge
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Fish Creek
Portland, Oregon
“Our kids can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed at Parkwood Lodge the last week in June. The staff graciously accommodated our large family with adjoining rooms. Our kids loved the pool (brand new) and gameroom areas! The atmosphere is very relaxed and comfortable. In fact, we chatted with the owners at the firepit everynight! We really enjoyed our stay...aready have plans to go back next summer!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 5mcbros

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chippewa Falls,WI
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Stayed here in '07 and again this past weekend. I think we got the last of the rooms it had a kitchette and was clean. Musty when we got there so opened a window & went fishing. Left early in the morn but happy all in all. Paid $109 up bit pricy for me and 1 kid but where else was I going to stay? I believe they have nicer rooms, I plan on taking my wife & daughter up in a week or to and HOPE it works for them??!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We had planned on staying at this hotel for 3 nights in July 2010. We checked in quick and threw our luggage in the room without looking around. About 11pm we returned to find earwigs and spiders all over the room. We spent the first hour killing bugs.

They were even on the bedding. The carpets were so stained I would not have put them in my dog's kennel. The room stank of mildew and mold. Unfortunately we were stuck there due to the hour. The next morning the people upstairs woke up at 5:45, the ceiling creaked so bad that we heard every step they made so we also had to get up at 5:45. I immediately complained to management who claimed they had fogged for bugs and tried to shampoo the carpet. We cut our trip early and headed home the next day. That hotel really ruined a long planned vacation in Door County.

I have never in my life stayed at a worse hotel .

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
GStillman, Owner at Parkwood Lodge, responded to this review, 18 August 2010
We were disappointed to read about this guests negative experience at our hotel. We have made many improvements to Parkwood Lodge since purchasing the property in April, 2008 and continue to make additional improvements. We want all of our guests to have a positive experience while staying in Door County and at Parkwood Lodge and apologize for not meeting this guests expectations. We are regretful we did not get an opportunity to correct the concerns prior to this guests departure.

Travellers are raving about these Fish Creek hotels

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 5 January 2009

This is a great place to stay! From what I can tell, they have done a lot of work on the property. My girlfriend and I went up to Door County to attend a wedding in the park across the street. The rooms were very clean, the staff was very courteous and the area is beautiful.

The one regret that I had was that we didn't get to use the wood stove in the room, it was way too hot outside! I was there for a weekend, I'd love to go for a whole week.

If you love supper clubs like I do, make sure to go to the Greenwood, which is also in Fish Creek.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
#7 of 17 in Sister Bay
The Ashbrooke
The Ashbrooke
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Parkwood Lodge? Share your experiences!