“Decor the same, atmosphere has changed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The English Inn

The English Inn
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Get your knight on at The English Inn! Dine inside in one of our elegant, but intimate rooms, or under the stars on our new patio. With a menu of over 60 dishes, an extensive wine list of more than 120 different wines plus full bar, there is something to please every palate. Come see us soon!
Green Bay, WI
“Decor the same, atmosphere has changed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This restaurant found a formula years ago that worked and it has stuck with it. Good steak and seafood. The good news is that the food is good. Our party had steaks, whitefish and beef wellington which were all great. The salads and desserts were also tasty. The bad is that the service was lacking. It's hard to expect great when we went during a peak time and peak season though. The English Inn used to be a place to get dressed up and have a relaxing, slow meal with several courses. We felt crowded in and rushed. The dress code is very lax with some in t-shirts and baseball hats.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank poolah

Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Overpriced, Great Filet, The Rest Not Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Three of us visited the English Inn for Dinner on a Saturday night. We arrived 10 minutes before our reservation and were told they were running late and we would need to wait. So we went to the bar to wait. The bar tender was so disorganized (only 4 others at bar) and it took him almost the full 20 minutes we waited to produce 2 martinis (his spilled down the side of the glass) and a glass of white wine he chose to serve is a red wine glass. (Saw the proper wine glass hanging above the bar.)

Our waitress was wonderful. We wish that all of our food was. Our escargot was lacking in flavor. One of us had a fish and petite filet dinner. The filet was very tender and flavorful. Another dinner choice was the local whitefish. The fish lacked is flavor and was covered in paprika and the plate swimming is some type of butter/oil slick. Our third choice was pan fried perch. Again this dish was just average. Our salads, potato sides, soup and carrots (came with each entree) were all lacking in flavor and were so average. The quality of the food and the average preparations of the dishes was dissapointing given the $27 plus charge for each entree.

We have enjoyed so many other restaurants (both fine and casual) in the area that we do not need to visit this one ever again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Who needs the headache -”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Used to be one our our favorite dinner places, not anymore! Last night, I tried to order my old favorite - the Inn's Turtle Cheesecake to go - the worst bartender experience of my life!! Twenty five minutes of franetic (with only 6 people at the bar!), hyper complaining, brush-off service and ambiance. I'm still smarting from it the next morning. People having waited in line trying to get drinks, complaining... the customers, the bartender - both! Turns out, after the cramped stomach experience, I couldn't get my favorite T.Cc. after all (because I was told "only what's on the menu")...Ordered the too too rich flourless cake and ended up throwing it out ($10!) just to find out this morning, that "Turtle" was available under "toppings" for plain cheesecake. Does it matter to me? Heck yes, because if this a prelude to my next dinng experience at the E.Inn, I'll opt for anywhere else! In a heartbeat.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 2121Barb
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Wine selection was above average, salads were very good (dinner salad, spinich salad). My wife had Beef Wellington, which was outstanding. I had the Sea Food Pasta and was very disappointed. I had a few shrimp, but not sure where the other sea food was. The Alfredo sauce was bland; someone needs to teach the kitchen how make this. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

1 Thank Hippler1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“food was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

pulling up to the English Inn, I wasn't sure what to expect. The suits of armor out front. The place looked a bit small so I wasn't sure. I saw some tables outside and it was a nice night so I was thinking that would be nice to sit there for dinner. No luck. they don't serve dinner outside as there's no door to get there besides the front door. They should figure that out as the grounds are really nice and would be a great setting. Inside, the restaurant is bigger than expected and looks very periodic with the wood and darker setting. Lastly, the food was excellent from the fish to beef.

• Visited July 2014