“Return visit a pleasant surprise”

Alexander's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We almost didn't come to this restaurant. Our last visit was less than expected. On our last visit
we had poor service and the owners kids were running around and trying to help the servers. It was distracting and in poor taste. However the Lobster special on Tuesday drew us back. We had reservations for 3 at 5pm. We were greeted and seated immediately. Our server brought warm bread and offered us drinks. We all ordered the lobster tail...8oz for $32. Two of us had the salad with raspberry dressing...very fresh greens, nice selection and great salad dressing. One of us had the navy bean soup...creamy and good. When the lobsters arrived I stopped the server and reminded him we had ordered the special...server said "yes this is the special"...two good size tails. And they were so good. The service was excellent, food wonderful. Great value. Only problem..we received the wrong check..we were billed for two extra drinks...server explained bar had incorrectly added two other guests drinks to our tab. It was corrected..we will return.

1  Thank muffy411

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went for dinner on the early side, so it was not too busy. The food was tasty - about what you would expect in this price range. Our server was excellent. The mixed drinks and wine were also good. The bar was well stocked with a good selection of spirits. I had the filet oscar style and my wife had lobster. The steak was cooked as ordered. The salads and dessert were also good. We will eat here again next time we visit. The portions were not huge, but they were reasonable (I thought they were just right).

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Everything about this restaurant in Fish Creek is just outstanding. They do take reservations so I would definitely suggest that you take advantage and make one as this place does get busy. The service is impeccable. Everyone is friendly, business-like, professional and are quite sincere in their effort to make your dining experience an enjoyable one.

I ordered stuffed shrimp which came with your choice of soup or salad. I chose the mushroom soup and it was delicious. There were many types of mushrooms and the broth had a terrific flavor. The stuffed shrimp was freshly made, the shrimp was split and stuffed with freshly picked crab. It was baked and was outstanding. My husband really enjoyed his New York Strip which he ordered with sauteed mushrooms. For dessert we splurged. I enjoyed a beautiful creme brule and was surprised at how large it was. My husband ordered a Brandy Alexander and enjoyed that as well.

Alexander's is now our favorite restaurant in Door County. The atmosphere, the service, the food....just outstanding!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We started the evening with a cocktail at the bar (Ketel one on the rocks - $9 and Bombay on the rocks - $7). The drinks were quite large and the bar scene was quiet and restful. This was a Tuesday night and I would say the dining room was about 3/4 full.

When we were seated, our waiter - Romeo was very friendly and attentive. We decided to have Escargot as an appetizer ($9). The serving dish was loaded with button and shiitake mushrooms but we only found four snails which was disappointing.

For dinner, my wife ordered the Tuesday night special which was two lobster tails ($32), nice size - maybe four ounce, which she said was melt in your mouth. I ordered the New York strip ($29) and it was very tasty and done perfectly.

Alexanders is a great place for a fine dining experience in Door County.

2  Thank DesertRobin
Reviewed 22 August 2013

If its busy, and there's a wait, you won't mind if you relax in the cushioned seating areas with gas flame heaters and fire tables. Even two knights on horses made in the area out of metal that are carrying lit torches. Large menu, huge dining area, average food...