“Good food & enjoyable evening”

Alexander's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times and have enjoyed it every time. This night we both had fish - me perch, my husband walleye. I started with mushroom soup and my husband had a salad. We were both too full for dessert. Everything was well done.

There are newer reviews for Alexander's Restaurant

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a 7:00 reservation and were seated shortly after our arrival. We waited over 10 minutes before the hostess stopped by to advise our server was delivering meals. We waited another 15 minutes before the server arrived. We ordered steak, medium and the duck. The steak arrived overdone and the server agreed - it had to be remade. Unacceptable when paying $30+ for steak and $28 for duck. We weren't able to enjoy our meals together. The vegetables were over-cooked and the plate presentation was messy, plate too small for the meal. The $12 glass of CA wine, over-priced. The quality of service and food does not make the lovely decor of the restaurant.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Casual fine dining is an oxymoron but Alexander's features fine dining in a casual atmosphere. We enjoyed Alexander's Sunday Brunch and Tuesday Perch special.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was the best food, and experience of the entire weekend. Our waiter was attentive and friendly, yet didn't hover or impose on our meal. We shared the king crab cakes as an appetizer. It included two large crab cakes on a bed of greens with a mango viniagrette dressing. I ate every bit of the greens as a salad, they were so very good. Your choice of soup or salad came with the entree. I chose the soup which was a beef/mushroom/wild rice soup. It was outstanding. For our entrees, we chose, the New York Strip, and Salmon a la Oscar. The salmon was cooked perfectly. Nice and moist and flaky, and the crab meat included on top of the hollandaise sauce was generous, and real crab, not imitation. Since the food was so excellent, I asked our waiter if they had home made desserts, or the standard 'box' cheesecake served at so many restaurants. He said their desserts were all made on site, so we decided to splurge on dessert as well. Don't miss it! Leave room for Dessert!. I chose the lemon creme brulee which was to die for. Smooth, and delicious. My daughter had the Strawberry/Rhubarb sorbet. Light and refreshing. This was by far the best meal we had in our entire stay in Door County, and I have no idea why it is not rated #1. It should be!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on a recommendation of a local and it was amazing! My husband & I each had one of the Friday seafood specials, me the salmon, him the cod & scallops. Honestly one of the best meals we have ever had. Friendly service and great atmosphere. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Door County!