We have stayed at the Thorp House Inn and Cottages for a number of summers. It is our "step back in time", to where the focus is on family and on simplicity. The property is rich is history, which the owners have taken great pains and expense to preserve, but at the same time, comfortable and pleasing amenities are provided that make life just grand. While the inn and cottages are the original structures, they have been lovingly and accurately restored--the furniture is gorgeous, bed linens sumptuous, water plentiful and hot, dishes elegant, decor calming. Care is always taken to improve and update without compromising charm. I am always grateful that someone treasures the past, and provides vacationers with a place where they can truly relax and lose themselves in a simpler time. The effect is magical and rejuvenating.
Everything you could want is within walking distance--the state park, a beach, bike rentals, groceries, interesting shopping, good eating. But you'll always be glad to come back up the street into the quiet and beauty here. My sons are grown--and still choose this as the place they want to be every summer.
If super-modern is your dish, then probably Door County in general is not for you. This is a special place, with rich history, the arts, breath-taking nature, and wonderful people. It's all about taking time, and leaving the complicated and stressful behind--the whole idea of vacation?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 100 years, Thorp House Inn & Cottages has welcomed visitors to the charming village of Fish Creek. The five unique guest rooms in the Inn offer the authentic ambiance of a bygone era amidst the spectacular natural beauty of the Door County peninsula. Whirlpools and fireplaces are available. The Cottages at Thorp House Inn have a charm and following all of their own. They are just what you had in mind... cozy and private... nestled in the pines... close to the beach... in the heart of the village. Walk to shops, restaurants, Peninsula State Park and much more. Each cottage is decorated in country antiques and has its own unique character. Most have fireplaces and some have whirlpools. Both the Inn and Cottages are open year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Thorp House Inn and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Hotel Fish Creek
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Fish Creek, WI - Door County