Our getaway was PERFECT in every way. The Throp House is charming and delightful. Melanie and her staff could not have been more welcoming - we felt like we had become friends in just a few hours. We stayed in a cottage because we had planned a couples getaway. The couples thing fell apart because my husband required immediate hip replacement and the wife of the other couple came down with pneumonia. My daughter agreed to accompany me because I really needed to get away and recuperate from caring for my husband as he had actually broken his hip in July. It was a PERFECT getaway. Mom and daughter had the time to bond, shop, and enjoy the experience that the Throp House afforded us. The wine and cheese reception allowed us to meet other guests of the Throp House and to enjoy their company on the following evening when we attended the Progressive Dinner hosted by Throp House and While Gull Inn. The food was amazing! The evening was PERFECT! The snow we experienced while in Fish Creek was even delightful. Door County's landscapes are even move beautiful in the peaceful white blanket of winter. We stayed an extra day because we were snow bound and it was the most delightful day - no hurry, no television by choice, a roaring fire in the fireplace and meaningful time with my daughter. What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas. Thanks to the Thorp House and the staff for making our adventure one we will remember for years to come. The Thorp House will definitely be on my list of places I want to return to in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 100 years, Thorp House Inn & Cottages has welcomed visitors to the charming village of Fish Creek. The five unique guest rooms in the Inn offer the authentic ambiance of a bygone era amidst the spectacular natural beauty of the Door County peninsula. Whirlpools and fireplaces are available. The Cottages at Thorp House Inn have a charm and following all of their own. They are just what you had in mind... cozy and private... nestled in the pines... close to the beach... in the heart of the village. Walk to shops, restaurants, Peninsula State Park and much more. Each cottage is decorated in country antiques and has its own unique character. Most have fireplaces and some have whirlpools. Both the Inn and Cottages are open year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Thorp House Inn and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Hotel Fish Creek
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Fish Creek, WI - Door County