My wife and I had never stayed at a B+B before, nor had we been to Door County. After listening to recommendations of a friend and his wife suggesting that we spend some time in Door County, I scoured the web for lodging options. A little weary of staying in a B+B, we booked our stay anyway and hoped for the best. We were completely impressed. Our expectations were surpassed in every way.
We stayed in the "Emma" room, which was perfect. It could not have been cleaner, more beautifully decorated, or more appropriately equipped for our stay. The whole house is beautifully renovated, and done SO very well. I imagine it could have really looked this way when it was new.
The property is also beautifully maintained. It is located centrally within Fish Creek, and is within walking distance of anything in the town.
Melanie, the owner, prepared a wonderful breakfast each morning. She or her assistant were available either on site during the day or by phone in the evening f we needed anything, but never once did we feel like there was anyone even in the house when we were. As another reviewer said, it was like we had the place to ourselves (even though out of the 6 rooms, I bet 4 were rented while we were there, plus the cottages outside).
Available to us at no cost at any time was coffee, tea, cocoa, soda, even cookies.
We simply cannot say enough good about our stay. When we return to Door County (which we will most certainly do), we will never stay anywhere else as long as the Thorp House Inn has room for us. The home and the property are EXCELLENT and I cannot envision a better host than Melanie. We were VERY impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 100 years, Thorp House Inn & Cottages has welcomed visitors to the charming village of Fish Creek. The five unique guest rooms in the Inn offer the authentic ambiance of a bygone era amidst the spectacular natural beauty of the Door County peninsula. Whirlpools and fireplaces are available. The Cottages at Thorp House Inn have a charm and following all of their own. They are just what you had in mind... cozy and private... nestled in the pines... close to the beach... in the heart of the village. Walk to shops, restaurants, Peninsula State Park and much more. Each cottage is decorated in country antiques and has its own unique character. Most have fireplaces and some have whirlpools. Both the Inn and Cottages are open year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Thorp House Inn and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Hotel Fish Creek
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Fish Creek, WI - Door County