Thorp House Inn and Cottages
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
By The Bay Motel(Fish Creek)
Very Good 4/5
Main Street Motel(Fish Creek)
Excellent 5/5
Homestead Suites(Fish Creek)
Little Sweden(Fish Creek)
Parkwood Lodge(Fish Creek)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsdove cottageb bfront porchthe main housebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousthe main streetmy husband and idoor countyturn of the centurygracious hostspeninsula state parkfresh fruitholiday seasonmodern amenitiesother guestsrocking chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2010

My two sisters, mother, and I just returned from celebrating my 50th birthday in Door County, WI.

We stayed at Thorp House Inn & Cottages and I just had to write to compliment this establishment on their hospitality and their properties.

We stayed in two of the cottages which were just as they had been represented on the website. Cozy, clean, comfortable. We loved the privacy and convenience of having a "home away from home." We were there in February, so used the fireplace each night.

The owners and managers were so friendly; the owner even "gifted" one of the books we found in our cabin to my mother - it is out of print and she had been trying to find one for years. We were also taken on a tour of the inn by said owner.

We all enjoyed our time at Thorp House Inn very much and would certainly recommend either the Inn or a cottage to anyone staying in the area.

Fish Creek is a great, centrally located town for the pennisula.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank amsdms
Reviewed 23 October 2009

I cannot say enough about the Thorp House Inn and Cottages. First, I've stayed in the bed and breakfast rooms before with my husband and they are beautiful. But my favorite are the lovely cottages - each with a different, authentic theme. They are lovely, cozy, and quaint and I leave each time wishing I owned a place just like it. They are also very reasonable - paricularly off-season and particularly compared to a lof of other placed in Door County. I just love the location as well. Right off the main street in Fish Creek, with plenty of parking, but still very quiet. Perfect!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We recently stayed in the eastview beach house owned by the proprietors of Thorp House Inn and Cottages. The location cannot be beat. It is on the main street in Fish Creek with lovely views of the bay which is across the street. There is a patio out front with a table and 4 chairs to enjoy. The drawback; however, was that the place is not well maintained. The queen bed in the master bedroom squeeked with simply lifting your head off the pillow. The hot tubs are OLD, and my husband suggested, judging from the maintanance of the exterior and interior, that they do not run bleach through the hot tub periodically to clean it well. So we showered only. The other bathroom had been updated more recently. There were areas of loose wallpaper in the bathroom. The kitchen had the basics, but if you have room bring your own knives. They were VERY dull. The microwave is quite old but worked. We also would recommend bringing some of your own towels (they only give one towel and washcloth per person). There is laundry in the basement if you wanted to wash the ones they provide. I think it is incorrect, according to the website, to call the place luxurious. I would not stay in the eastview again because of the squeeky, poor mattress in one of the bedrooms unless this is replaced. Family said the king bed was okay in the other bedroom.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Never been to a better B & B - I was made to feel like royalty. The cottage was rustic and exquisite, the breakfast and hospitality was superb and Fish Creek, WI is absolutely picturesque.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Muscoda
Reviewed 20 June 2009

When we arrived at the Inn at check in time (3:00 p.m.), our cottage wasn't ready. It was suggested we go for coffee and come back. We can back an hour later and were given the keys to a wonderful little cottage (The Dove). The cottage had a fireplace and we were provided with one of those manufactured fireplace logs. We purchased regular firewood from the owner but the fireplace didn't draw too well (possibly because of the weather) and it got a little smokey. My point is, stick with the manufactured log, they actually smell like the real thing now, the old ones I remember smelled like parafin.

The Cottage had a nice living room with a table and chairs by the windows and comfortable sofa and a good TV. The tiny kitchen had everything you need. A pleasant bedroom with I think a queen bed and a tiny bedroom with bunkbeds. The bathroom had a double jetted tub and plenty of hot water to fill it. The cottage was clean and everything worked well.

The location is terrific and we would definitely stay there again. Only one tiny recommendation to the owner, get rid of the plastic flowers, they were always in the way and detract from the quaintness of the cottage.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple