“Great place for families!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fitchburg
Chicago
“Great place for families!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We recently stayed here for one night on our way to Wisconsin Dells. What a fabulous hotel! We stayed in a family suite which was perfect for us. My kids had their own little room with 2 twin beds with a single french door (we covered it with an extra blanket to block out the light from our room). The main room is extremely spacious with a table and chairs, wet bar, a wing back chair, king sized bed, dresser, night stands, and lots of floor space! Our bed was comfy, and the bathroom nice and clean. The clincher for this great property? The amazing indoor pool/water play area! Wow! My kids (ages 7 and almost 4) had an absolute blast in the kiddie pool area which had a fun (small) slide. The entire indoor pool area was clean, bright and attractive. The breakfast in the morning was a plus. Nothing fancy, but plenty to fill up on. We would most definitely stay here again when we are in the area, and would absolutely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
cis4332, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hello,

As the general manager of Country Inn & Suites Madison Southwest, I am absolutely elated to see you had a great stay with your family at our location.

We really strive to provide a clean, comfortable, and relaxing atmosphere that is geared towards our leisure travelers at this location. I am very happy your children got to utilize our pool area, as we feel that is something that sets us apart from similar hotels our size.

We hope to see you again in the future, and please feel free to contact me if there is anything you need during additional stays.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Milwaukee
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We spent a weekend at the Country Inn & Suites with our baby and 3 year old. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite, which was spacious and clean. It was nice having a separate bedroom for the 3 year old, so he could go to bed and we could stay up to relax and watch TV. The pool was perfect for our needs. Our son really enjoyed the kiddie pool. Breakfast was very nice as well. There was a different "hot option" each morning. One day it was scrambled eggs, bacon and fried potatoes. The other day it was French toast. They also have a waffle maker, cereal, yogurt, bakery, fruit and juice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
cis4332, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hello,

As the general manager of Country Inn & Suites Madison Southwest, I am extremely pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our location. We have really attempted to build this into a place that fits both corporate and leisure travelers, and provides something for every demographic of guest.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our pool and breakfast options. We feel that those, along with our guest service quality, keep guests coming back, and I'm very happy to see you agree.

As always, if there are any items not mentioned here that failed to meet your expecations, please let me know. Please also feel free to contact me if you need anything during future stays. We hope to see you again soon.

Luke Nelson
General Manager Country Inn & Suites Madison Southwest
(608) 270-1900
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Clean and quiet. Nice location right in between a great restaurant and bar (Quivey's Grove) and bowling alley). Make sure you check out the old stone tunnel at Quivey's Grove between the house and stable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Carol R, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay! Our goal here at Country Inn & Suites is that every guest feel wecomed, refreshed and relaxed during your stay. I agree that our neigboring restaurant is awesome as well! I hope that you return to stay with us on your next trip to the area. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We ended up at this hotel because our original hotel walked us due to being oversold. It ended up being a good change. The room was nice- I liked that the bedroom was separate from the living room area. It was a clean room, but could use some fix-ups. Breakfast the next morning was great. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Carol R, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hi Melissa - I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly working to ensure our guests enjoy a comfortable, welcoming and relaxing stay in a clean environment. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the area.!
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We booked a one bedroom suite for three nights. The room was spacious and allowed us all to spread out. My only two complaints about the room was there was never hot water in the shower. It was always almost hot. Also the door to the bedroom was a glass pane door. We would have liked more privacy.

Breakfast was crazy busy the first two mornings and the attendant was always on top of it. Good choices and I enjoyed the fresh waffles. Coffee wasn't horrible either.

The pool area is why we chose this hotel. It is great for families with all ages. We really had a great time.

My absolute favorite thing about this hotel was the king bed in our suite. It was so comfortable. Big, thick, heavy comforter and cotton blanket. You could just burrow down and get comfortable. Easily the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever been in.

The staff was also very helpful with any questions or requests.

Stayed December 2013
Carol R, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at the Country Inn & Suites! I have our maintenance team looking into the water issues you experienced so that we will not have this problem in the future. Thank You for bringing it to our attention. I hope you stay with us again in the future and look forward to seeing you on your next trip!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here because it was close to where some family would be meeting up for Thanksgiving. The hotel is not fancy, but decently clean (though my bathroom sink drain didn't work, the bathroom fan never turned off, but the room fan/heating wouldn't turn on). The downside is that you will hear room doors banging all day and all night - both in your hallway and in rooms above and below you. No joke. Time to upgrade your door technology, people. Bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the top (3rd) floor, at least you won't have to listen to doors slamming in...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hello - I am very sorry to hear of your noise issues here at the Country Inn & Suites. While we did enjoy a number of sold out days during the holiday, I am aware that some guests are not as noise conscious as others, and can impact other guests. I am having maintenance look into whether our door closers need adjustment as well. In case your future holiday plans change with family in the area, I do hope that you will come and stay with us again.
Happy Holidays!
Hampton, Iowa
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My daughter and I spent the night here in late October. The hotel and its facilities are wonderful, especially the pool area with the huge hot tub. There was a wide selection of hot and cold items for breakfast, including some "take out" bags with fruit, a granola bar and a bottle of water. The only negative about the hotel was that the traffic noise from the highway was loud, so it was difficult for me to sleep with this noise. However the beds were comfortable, staff courteous, and facilities clean and in good condition. I would stay here again, but perhaps ask for a room farther away from the highway.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Carol R, assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to you returning soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitchburg
Wyndham Garden Madison Fitchburg
Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Super 8 Madison South
Super 8 Madison South
#13 of 63 in Madison
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest? Share your experiences!