“Great place for business traveler”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fitchburg
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great place for business traveler”
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I travel to this hotel regularly to do college recruiting on campus. It's on the right side of town for me, and I can make only a few turns to get right into downtown Madison. Walking distance to one upscale restaurant on one side and a bowling alley on the other. Plus only minutes away from several dining choices & Target for any last minute purchases of items you may have forgotten. Nice hot breakfast too!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 7 November 2010

This is a nice place to stay. Things that I like about it include: it seems new and clean. The lobby and rooms are nicely decorated. There is a good continental breakfast. The hot tub is nice. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Things I would like to see improved: I thought the windows were quite leaky and there were tremedous winds a couple nights we stayed there. The curtains would actually blow away from the windows, not excesively but enought to notice. There was a continous fan in the bathroom that we thought was noisy from the outside wind, but on the third day when the winds died down the bathroom fan was still very noisy.
There were 4 of us that travled toghter and none of us slept well, I am not sure why as the beds seemed OK. I might have preferred a firmer pillow. However we were all glad to get home to our own beds.

Despite the concerns I listed, I know I will be back at this hotel again in Dec, Jan and Feb and that is fine by me. I liked it more then I disliked it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Neenah
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The room is your basic hotel room. It was clean, had no odor but no pizazz either. There was a microwave and fridge. The beds were not comfortable, the beadspreads were rough and thin. The fan in the bathroom would not turn off. We called the front desk and they said they knew of problems but they couldn't fix it. We were discounted $40 off of our two night stay. If I could, I would have cancelled and moved to the Holiday Inn after the first night. Breakfast was ok. They had waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit. The warm food was not warm and the eating area very crowded. After breakfast I decided to do some reading in the lobby near the fireplace. It was comfortable but the girl behind the desk talked on a personal call for about 20 minutes and she kept putting them on hold each time she had to help a guest. The pool area was nice. It has a smaller water slide area and a big hot tub.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Anamosa, Iowa
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Got a good Hotwire rate over the Memorial holiday weekend, called the property afterward to secure a room type. Management on site and over the phone were accomodating and friendly. Hotel pool had a great spa/hot tub and smallish pool , possibly to compensate for the little-kid water-play structure ? Convenient location, good breakfast, nice people - another good Country Inn experience.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We really enjoyed our stay here. The location was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very big! The heater worked and it did not have that musty smell you get a lot of times at other places. I've already booked this hotel for the next time I come to town.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Somerset, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 February 2009

We were in the Madison area for a funeral and wanted a clean,quiet place to stay for three days. With four grandkids ages 7 thru 15 due to arrive the third day, a swimming pool was a must as well.
We were very pleased with every aspect of this hotel. The front desk staff were courteous and helpful. The breakfast room was large, bright ,clean, well organized and staffed with women who seemed to take pride in keeping things neat and well stocked. I can't think of anything in the room that wasn't top notch. I believe each room has a refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker, iron and ironing board.
The pool area was open 7am to 10pm and had a play area for the children with a water feature, a swimming pool and spa. All were like new. The grandkids had a great time and the parents of a few of the other children commented positively as well. The exercise room is open 24 hours plus they have a relationship with the fitness center across the street. There's a small game room, a workstation with printer in the lobby, and the wifi worked lust fine anywhere I took my laptop. There was always fresh fruit and hot water and coffee available.
You could walk to a couple of restaurants, a liquor store and a new bowling center. Less than half a mile is a new Target and any kind of fast food if that's what you like. We found several good sit down restaurants and a Chinese take out that delivers to the hotel. You won't need details from me, the front desk staff were happy to help.
It was obvious that this place is managed properly and I took time to thank the manager when we met.
We are 60+, while my daughter and family are in their late 30's and they claim they will stay there when in Madison.
I did notice that because the property has a Fitchburg address, it doesn't always appear when you search for Madison hotels. It's a minute or two south of the Beltline (hwy 12/18) in a nice quiet area.
I hope this is helpful.

• Liked — The clean, quiet rooms, fun pool, and good neighborhood.
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank heymagic
WAUWATOSA
Reviewed 9 February 2009

This is a newer hotel. Well situated location, easy access off main highway, quiet and relaxing. As a woman, I felt safe in the hotel, parking lot and surronding area. Friendly, helpful, and efficient staff. Well appointed room for a 3 star hotel. Coffee maker, hair dryer, fridge, micro, toiletries, enclosed closet with iron and board. Larger room with desk and two chairs. Very large bathroom. Everything was VERY clean and worked. There are larger family suites available and therefore there were several children staying here. The pool has extras like a waterfall and slide for the kids. Even though there were kids in the public areas and across the hall from us, we never heard them from our room. Decent mattresses, pillows and blankets. There is a restauant next door and many within a very short drive. Located about 5 miles from downtown and the university it is close enough to be convenient but in a more quiet surronding. A free expanded continental breakfast comes wih the room. The usual coffee, juice, bagels, muffins etc but also omelets, sausage and made to order waffles. This area was attended by a very friendly helpful staff member all during the breakfast hours. There were free morning newspapers available. I think this hote would be suitable for couples, singles, older travelers as well as the business traveler. We were extremely satisfied with our stay and at a rate of $55 through hotwire.com we do not feel we could have done any better elsewhere.

• Liked — CLEAN
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitchburg
Wyndham Garden Madison Fitchburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg
Super 8 Madison South
Super 8 Madison South
#15 of 63 in Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
Super 8 Verona/Madison

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest? Share your experiences!