“Remodeling Happening NOW”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Fond du Lac
Omaha, Nebraska
“Remodeling Happening NOW”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Fond Du Lac this month. We had stayed there before.
We could tell from Website pictures that an update had been done. However, the pool and workout room are closed at this time and we were not informed.
All in all, a nice stay. Breakfast selection better than some.
Some staff friendlier than others.
If you are going to be staying in the near future and want use of pool and exercise room, I recommend calling to insure they have reopened.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the back as front faces four lane highway.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bradley S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for the pool area being unavailable. We unfortunately had a small building fire recently, and are working hard to get a few areas of the hotel back up and running. We have partnered with the Holiday Inn just next door to us, and they have been gracious enough to allow our guests complimentary use of their pool and exercise facilities. I do hope our desk staff informed you of that option,

By our current estimates, we should have our pool area completed by the end of September.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We'll be looking forward to having you stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were very impressed with the service. The staff bent over backwards to help us to have a comfortable stay. From the staff at the desk, housekeeping, kitchen staff, and the manager, so friendly and accommodating. The facility was clean, but it is an older building so they do their best, despite the older carpet, etc. Comfortable & clean bedding. They even allow pets! My family member was traveling here to meet us for a wedding. They remembered at the last minute that they hadn't made arrangements for their dog! The staff said, "no problem, have them bring the dog!" That blew our minds! No extra charge either! It saved the day.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bradley S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Having a good, helpful staff really does make all the difference. I am very glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we will look forward to seeing you again soon!
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Pros- Close to highway, restaurants, grocery stores and other popular Wisconsin destinations. In-room refrigerator and microwave was very useful. Breakfast was decent: various cereals, English muffins, yogurt, scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, juice, coffee, Belgium waffles,etc. Room was a reasonable size. Staff was friendly and efficient.

Cons- For me the bed was too soft. I prefer a firm, hard bed. I felt as though I couldn't quite lay in the right place so that I didn't feel like I was sinking. Hotel computer service was very slow. It worked but I had to wait for it to fully load. Overall, a decent hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room next to main desk. It was fine.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MidwestTraveler7
Bradley S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you very much for the review of your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel, although the mattress could have been a little firmer.

We have been working a lot lately with our ISP to improve the speed and intermittent connection issues. We hope to have that resolved in the next two weeks.

We hope to see you again soon!
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I ended up staying here on way to catch an afternoon plane in Milwaukee. Could not get any kind of room for less than $189 in Milwaukee. What a pleasant surprise. Very clean, nicely decorated, comfy beds. Very easy checkin. Would definitely recommend. And I thought nearby restaurant Rolling Meadows was good and very convenient.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Pam1951
Bradley S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much! Thank you taking the time to share your thoughts on our property. We hope to see you again soon!
Muskego, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We really liked the hotel with one exception. Good location right off the highway, great breakfast options, super comfortable bed and pillows and the staff was very helpful. They accommodated us with a special shuttle run for a wedding when the regular shuttle was running late and check-in/check-out was super efficient. The only thing that spoiled the perfect score was the fact that we were woken up at 1am by the late stragglers from the wedding. They decided to hold an after-party in the room next door. Now because we had connecting doors between the rooms, it was super loud and we could literally hear every word they were saying. We could not get back to sleep. We knocked on the wall and asked them to quiet down and even resorted to calling the front desk and asking them to say something. While they said they would, we don't know for sure if it happened and needless to say, nothing changed as the people next door talked loudly until 2:15am. We were looking forward to a decent night sleep as we have young kids and this is a rare occurrence for us but that didn't happen.

Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and have nothing but good things to say about the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bradley S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the stay. I do apologize for the noise issue you experienced. I'll be taking some time with the staff to review policies on how to deal with guests disturbing other guests. It certainly should not have gone on as late as it did.

The "Truly Yours" bedding program Choice Hotels has put together really is wonderful. Almost everyone just loves the comfort level of the beds and the pillows. I'm glad you enjoyed them as well.

Thank you again for the kind review, we hope to see you again soon!
Oxford Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel following unexpected health problems at the local hospital. Not only did they greet us in a wonderful kind way, they even provided us with deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrush and fresh cookies. Extra blankets were placed in the room Immediately. So amazingly kind. Unfortunately my husband worsened and 911 was called. Again, staff went above and beyond to help!! This is all on top of clean, well decorated rooms, reasonable prices, and a wonderful hot breakfast. Hats off to the management and staff here....they really 'get it'! Why would you stay anywhere else? We never will!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mickie and Phil A
Bradley S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. On behalf of the staff, it was our pleasure having you stay. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us.

I am sorry to hear of the reason for your trip, but I'm glad our staff here was able to accomodate you so well. We are commited to each of our guest's satisfaction, and it appears our staff certainly showed that to you. We all hope your husband is recovering quickly and doing well.

Thank you again. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 February 2014

No ATM and a little too much chemical in the pool but I would definitely come back here. The Staff is great and helpful, The continental breakfast was so nice, scrambled or hard boiled eggs, sausage, 2 kinds, waffles, donuts, bagels, cereal, juice and much more. The rooms were nice and the Beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. Centrally located and a very fair price.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area and laundry, :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Becky H
Bradley S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm delighted you enjoyed our breakfast offerings, we try to change the breakfast up so it's not always the same thing every time.

We did have a mechanical issue with one of the pool pumps recently, and it took a bit to get the chemicals dialed back in to the right spot. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Inn Fond du Lac.