“Just can't beat it!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Fond du Lac
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Usa
“Just can't beat it!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

What an outstanding place to stay! I spent one night there this past week and had a wonderful nights sleep. The bed was as comfortable as any I've slept on. The room was set up wonderfully and fully equipped. The delicious included breakfast was closer to a buffet than a continental. I'd stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
cx_fdlw, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do get many compliments on our beds, guests would love to take them home. If ever your travels bring you back to Fond du Lac we would love to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Not too many choices in Fond du Lac. This is the best place I have stayed. The holiday inn is dumpy, this place is newer. They had a pipe burst and the lobby was undergoing renovation when I was there. The only real issue was the sink in the room was cracked. Not a hige deal but a bit of a put off. Another coworker who was with me said his sink was cracked too. I'd chalk that up to poor installation. Breakfast was fresh and the hotel was clean overall. I'll stay there again when I go back to Fond du Lac.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank 288larryk
cx_fdlw, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your great review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Lets just say they have the bestttt beds ever! I could have slept in there beds forever and on top of it the staff is ridiculously nice. Every time I come to the area I stay there because of the beds and great staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kayla J
Thank you for the great review. Our beds are loved by most guests, we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return so we can continue to exceed your expectations.
Sonoma, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was big and comfortable and very clean. I appreciate that the management puts as much energy into keeping things really nice and welcoming in December as they do at the peak of summer (during the EAA show). This is our second stay, I'm sure we will be back.

Room Tip: rooms on the east side near the highway are noisier
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 439ellenw
cx_fdlw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate your feedback as much as your loyalty!! Hope to see you in 2014!

Kelly Opperman
Guest Service Manager
Illinois
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A year after my first stay at this property and things were still very good. Despite being located in an otherwise undeveloped commercial site, the hotel is very convenient to everything in Fond du Lac. Grounds and interior are very clean and well maintained. The king room is very large - really high ceilings - and laid out very nicely for a business traveler.
I didn't get a chance to use it, but the pool here is much larger than usual for this type of hotel. Kids would have loved it if they were along for the trip.
Breakfast was awesome, featuring real scrambled eggs and bacon the morning I was there. Having some Tabasco would have been the only thing to improve on it.
Overall, this is a great hotel, at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Best to stay on the side of the building away from the highway if road noise bothers you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Otowners
sodame, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you very much for the great review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had a quick overnight stay. Arrived later on the afternoon and left early

Check in was smooth and friendly.

Room was spacious, clean, smelled fresh.

Bathroom functional. Two tvs in room.

King bed, very comfortable.

Breakfast was pretty decent, very generous for being a free breakfast.

The only thing that I did not like is that my room was facing highway and I could hear cars zooming by. I had to get my earplugs on. Too bad because bed was very comfy and room was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on west end away from highway
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ORD-TGU
cx_fdlw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on trip advisor. I apologize you did not get a good night’s sleep. Unfortunately we are located right on highway 41, so for some this is an issue. If you are a light sleeper and the front desk staff knows this prior to check in we do our best to put you on the quieter side of the building. (Just a note for next time, because it seems to have solved prior guests problems with noise) But I thank you for the kind words on our staff, room amenities, and breakfast. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back through Fond du Lac.

Kelly Opperman
Guest Service Manager
Country Inn & Suites
Fond du Lac, WI
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was at the hotel for the annual EAA airshow, and the hotel was filled with show attendees. It was amazing how quite the hotel was inspire of all of the people in the hotel. The hotel landscape is very nice and the rooms are functional. Did I mention how quite it was?

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Qiitxx
sodame, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites during the EAA show. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and how quiet the hotel is, even during our busiest season. We would love to see you again next year, if your plans bring you back to the area.