The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa
Fontana Village Inn(Fontana)(Great Value!)
US$77
Great 4.5/5
The Ridge Hotel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$96
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Sky Lodge Inn & Suites(Delavan)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$62
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Inns Of Geneva National(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$150
Great 4.5/5
Lake Lawn Resort(Delavan)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$89
Priceline
US$76
US$67
Geneva Inn(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$122
Travelocity
1,182 results
All reviewslake genevafontana grillwaterfront restaurantadult poolfamily poolsteam roomice skatinggirls weekendrelaxing weekendharbor view roomfrom chicagofire pithot tubthe room was niceup to datewilliams bayspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is not new and does have some old charm (although it does remind me of a old scary movie in the hallways). The rooms are clean and very nice. The balconies are all attached, which I sort of liked, for it could be more community like. They have an excellent spa! and the grounds are beautiful! It is right on the water and they have a lot of amenities. The indoor pool NOT associated with the spa was not very impressive. Although I enjoyed my time here, I was not in aw of it like I have done in some places visited. The walls were a bit thin and we could hear the people next to us. Overall it was enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sara S, Guest Relations Manager at The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Megan E,

Thank you for your review of The Abbey Resort. I delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and especially enjoyed your time at the spa. I appreciate you sharing the areas were we can improve as we are always looking to provide the best guest experience. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We received a gift certificate for a birthday and decided to take advantage of a lower Easter holiday rate to get the most bang for our buck. Wow! What a treat. There were lots of special events, mostly free, that kept us entertained and wishing we had let our family know we wouldn't be coming home for Easter Sunday. My parents honeymooned at this resort, many moons ago and my sister visits once a year so it was nice to be part of their "club."
First the great/good.....they are remodeling all rooms and ours was clean, comfortable and and the bathrooms so pretty. The indoor pool was a great retreat and the family game room in the adjoining solarium had lots of games out and ready to play. There were lots of activities such as cookie decorating, a scavenger contest, a craft and a photo booth. There was even a photo booth with Easter props pLUS the Easter Bunny. There was also a magician which the kids loved.
The only thing I wish was different was the game/arcade room. What a throwback to the 80's! Not only is it full of impossible games, it is very dusty/dirty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

SummyMommyJen5

Thank you for your review of The Abbey Resort. I delighted to hear that your Easter stay was wonderful and that you wished you could stay longer. Our activities department does an outstanding job with our programming and I will share you comments with our director. Your stay sounds like the perfect family getaway. You may want to sign up for our weekly emails, as they are great way to stay informed of our upcoming programming and events. Lego weekend and Mad Science weekend are two of our annual events that are a huge hit with the kids. I also appreciate you sharing your comments about our arcade area. I have passed this along to our operations team so that may address your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

What an awesome throw back to the 70's! This resort was the perfect weekend getaway. Spa, courtyard, bar, dining, room . . . . everything was perfect! Service was excellent! View was great! Entire experience was so relaxing! Thank you Abbey!

Room Tip: So much to offer. Rooms at the main resort have lower level marina view that walk out onto the patio area. Upper rooms with marina view have a walk out onto an overlook of the patio. Rooms are spacious and beds are SO comfy! We loved the lower level walk out onto the patio. Fire pits just steps away!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Sara S, Guest Relations Manager at The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Beth W,

Thank you for your five-star review of The Abbey Resort and Avani Spa. It sounds like you had the perfect getaway and I appreciation you kind comments about our staff. We look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had not been here in many years and have been pleased to find it updated to a soothing, clean, well maintained resort. Rooms are light, bright and spacious. My single king room had a sofa, desk, along with a microwave and fridge. Bathroom has a large shower. Grounds are well kept . Including the spa, there are four pools on property including one for adults only. The kids pool is full of equipment for their entertainment. Restaurants are pleasant. You can eat outside overlooking the harbor. Staff are exceedingly helpful. Altogether a lovely place for a getaway.

Room Tip: Building one is closest to restaurants and lobby but away from the noise of the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Mac0620,

Thank you for your review of The Abbey Resort. We value our repeat guests, and I am very pleased to read that you found our recent renovations soothing and our property to be clean and well maintained. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I just returned home to Chicago after a very enjoyable two night stay at the Abbey Resort in Fontana, WI. We got a great deal with a Groupon, and are so glad we took advantage of it. We stayed in a two queen bed harbor view room on the second floor, and everything was great. We had a delicious meal at the Waterfront, and our server was really good and personable (and young, as were most of the staff at the hotel.) The young man at the bar outside of the restaurant was so helpful and we were then able to find our room, which was right off the lobby! It is worth paying extra to have the harbor and lawn view - very relaxing and fun to sit on the balcony and listen to the live music on Sunday. We are older (in our sixties) and liked being there during the week, and not really on the weekend. Everyone there seemed to enjoy their jobs, and that was good to see. I very much look forward to our next trip to the Abbey Resort, I really loved it!

Room Tip: I recommend the second floor harbor view rooms - a beamed ceiling and the balcony made for a great experience.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patcarey,

Thank you for your five-star review of The Abbey Resort and Avani Spa. I appreciate your kind comments about our resort and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again.