“GREAT WISCONSIN GET AWAY!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fontana Village Inn

Fontana Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fontana
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“GREAT WISCONSIN GET AWAY!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I just got back from a GREAT weekend stay at the Fontana Village Inn. From the moment I called to make the reservation - to the time I checked out (to return to Chicago) - the FV Inn was such a positive experience. The family that runs the FV Inn could not have been nicer.

I don't like overwhelming hotels that you can get lost in & the size and set up of the FV Inn is perfect - especially for quiet, lake escape. I was able to run every day on Shore Path and spend a day at a Spa - that is just in walking distance of the Inn.

Really - an outstanding experience & I hope to return soon!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Annie R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Marshfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Had a meeting at The Abbey but didn't want to spend $200 - found this place on Google. Zoran, our host , keeps a clean house. He took over a couple of years ago and totally revamped the place. Runs it like a European B&B, he sits at the front desk, gives directions/suggestions, supplies the donuts/coffee.

Room Tip: call hotel direct for better rates
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank sonny062
Greer, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Family and friends all but filled the entire Fontana Village Inn just a week ago. We traveled from all over the country to attend our nephew's wedding, and we were so lucky to stay in this quiet, lovely hotel and literally make it our home for several days. The owner, Zoran, and his staff could not have been nicer, allowing a late check out for one family member, going out of his way to provide transportation to the Milwaukee airport for another, and offering terrific rates for mulitple day stays. Fresh coffee, fruit and pastries were a treat every morning. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. But most of all, we feel we've honestly made a friend with Zoran and will definitely stay here again on future trips to Wisconsin.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Joyce S
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Having stayed at the Abbey in Fontana years ago, friends and I were looking for something simpler and less expensive for just one night before going early fishing the next day. This was the perfect place. It's not a fancy 5-star hotel, but does not pretend to be. Just a nice clean place, easy to get to, with a very friendly owner (Zoran) who gave us an even better discounted price when we said we needed three rooms. Also he happily allowed us a late check out when our fishing trip went longer than expected. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I needed reservations for a last minute business trip in the Lake Geneva area and was having difficutly because all the larger resorts were full. Thinking I would have to cancel my trip, I was thrilled when an employee at one of the resorts suggested I call Fontana Village Inn. They just happened to have a cancellation and were able to accomodate me.

When they quoted me a very reasonable rate I was rather skeptical about what I was getting myself into but at this point I had no choice but to book it. Am I glad I did! This place is truly a hidden gem ~ from the moment I arrived to the time I left, I found the owners and staff to have a genuine warm and friendly attitude that you just don't find anymore in these larger establishments ~ they really know how to make you feel like "family".

The rooms were extremely clean with a pleasant decor. I liked that my room had a small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. The fresh brewed coffee, pastries and fruit in the morning were greatly appreciated as well!

I will definitely make this my go to place when I have occasion to be in this area again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

We stayed at the Inn on our way through the Lake Geneva area. This is minutes away from Lake Geneva and 1/3 the price. Of course, there are no frills or amenities- such as a pool or breakfast- but for $54 we got a nice size room that was clean and quiet. The front desk service was excellent- friendly and helpful. The beds were the only negative. They need to be replaced, as they are worn and soft. For a basic room though, this Inn can't be beat.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

I am not fond of staying in hotels normally, as I need a more personal touch for my comfort level(such as a B&B) Therefore,I was very pleased that Fontana Village Inn has the feel of a B&B!
The rooms are very clean, surpassing even my standards. The owner and his staff are wonderfully accommodating and one can tell that they truly care about your needs being met.
Located very near some local restaurants,The Abbey and Geneva Lake, the location is ideal for guests with many interests.
I wholehearted recommend FVI as a moderately priced,charming and comfortable alternative to the larger resorts and hotels around Lake Geneva. If you enjoy a "personal touch", as I do, Fontana Village Inn will serve you well!
Comfort junkie

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ninnybear
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fontana
The Ridge Hotel
#4 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
#13 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Fontana Village Inn? Share your experiences!