“I am sure it it closed by now.........”
Review of Central Coast Restaurant - CLOSED

Central Coast Restaurant
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We arrived at 1120AM Sunday for the brunch/play. No one was there and the doors were locked. After several minutes of waiting, a man came out of the building. Turns out to be the owner. He explained that the play was cancelled and everyone had been contacted....well, not us. He told me to call Monday to get my refund....well no one has answered the phone. This was our first experience with Central Coast ....and clearly our last.

But as it turns out, we drove 2 miles down the road to The Fireside and were able to get great tickets for their matinee. It turned out to be a perfect afternoon!

5  Thank kiki t

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Wonderful food is offered here that you would have to travel to a big city for. Granted, I do feel it is somewhat overpriced.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

The full menu offers many delightful items you are sure to enjoy. The Friday menu should be avoids if you are avoiding fried foods. There is often live entertainment and dance floor like no other in the area.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

For the high quality of food, service, and atmosphere, the price was reasonable. I was especially surprised to see the drinks weren't overpriced. E.g., $2.00 for a beer. My wife and I both ordered beef (NY strip & tenderloin) and it was excellent. One of the best steaks I've ever had. Keep in mind, we are very discerning and are usually disappointed by restaurant food, which is often hyped. The entree and sides it came with were superb. I didn't like the crab cakes appetizer but my wife did, so that may be preference. I loved the beet salad appetizer, delicious and surprising. I noticed a review saying the portions were small, but that is nonsense. The portions are so large, I shouldn't have ordered an appetizer (or dessert). The chocolate cake was large and very good. The service was very fast for such a fancy place and the waiter was good. The atmosphere was beautiful, and we saw a great show (Second City Improv) after dinner - I didn't even know they had a theater until I called for reservations.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Not a good expierence. We arrived at 530 on a snowy friday night to an unplowed empty parking lot. My wife had to walk through 4 inches of snow in the drop off are to get in the place. We were hasseled we had no reservations which i can understand if the place was busy, but it was absolutely empty!! We went over to the bar to meet the couple we were dining with. Us four waited at least ten minutes to get a drink, mind you us four were the only ones at the bar. The hostess seemed pushy with us to get us to our table. All we wanted was to have a drink before dinner. Once we got to our table the service got worse. We ordered our fish fry and water for everybody, along with another round of drinks. Our waitress forgot our drinks and water! We were served our food, which us men were served first, and the women had to wait for theirs, which is wrong and unclassy. The food was definitely nothing special, not to mention the portion was the size a 3 year old could have finished. We finally got our water after we were done with our food. All in all the service was terrible, will never go back again. Save your money here and go to the Fireside, they are established and professional.

4  Thank Jason B