“Not good”

Capn's Roadhouse
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: Where Friends come to meet and eat. Capn's is a family friendly sports themed restaurant serving a variety of delicious food. Our menu features Award winning burgers and steaks, homemade pizza, char-grilled sandwiches, a variety of appetizers, and more. We have a full service bar and 15 flat screen TV's for your enjoyment. Also, check out our two 32 seat private dining rooms for your parties and gatherings.
Reviewed 8 April 2013

OK, to start I will tell you the highlight is French onion soup. It is great! Only thing it was the only thing that was. I will preface this to say we had lunch at the Fireside so we thought dinner would be just appetizers. Nachos were about the worse I ever had, dried out meat and overcooked chips. Told waitress, she agreed but said that's how they do them. Chicken strips were of the poor quality frozen variety, or at least tasted like them. With the way these went I would never chance coming here for the expensive steak.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband and I ordered the filet mignon. What we were served was unrecognizable as any cut of meat we know and not cooked to order. I ordered medium and my husband rare and both were medium well. Nothing served with it but potato and soggy squash, no bread, salad, etc., all for $26 each. How they had the nerve to charge that much for this meal is sinful.

2  Thank Galexa99
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Formerly The Stockade. Very good food and reasonably priced. Can be very busy, so if you don't get there early, be prepared to wait for a table. It is worth the wait!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I have been there a couple times hoping that it would get better. Food very bad, over cooked and fatty. Service was horrible, appetizers came out after meal and had to practically shove my drink off the table to get refilled.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We have been to capns many times. They have great fish on Friday. The steaks are very good and I really like the pork chops. The place is clean and the staff are very friendly.