“Delicious Food!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
“Delicious Food!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went here on New Years Eve for the dinner and live theatre. The food was delicious from appetizer to dessert. I had steak & lobster and enjoyed it immensely. My husband has had steak and shrimp and he had a clean plate when the waitress picked it up. Our friends had bass & steak which was also delicious. The drinks were good, fairly priced. It was also my birthday and they had a little goodie bag waiting at the table with some yummy homemade bread & pecan sweet bread. The waitress & staff were attentive & excellent. We will be going back!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jennifer B

Black River Falls, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always such a Great Dinner and Show”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

As always - the dinner and theater performance were EXCELLENT! Would suggest you upgrade your meal to the tenderloin and grilled shrimp - SUPERB!

Visited November 2013
Freeport, Illinois
“wonderfull wonderfull wonderfull”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

great watresses---great food- could not have been better. Large buffet and a wonderful dessert. Drinks were fantastic

Visited October 2013
1 Thank NANCY R
Muskego, WI
“Wait-staff is wonderful, food is.....”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My dad bestowed upon me a birthday package from The Fireside Restaurant and Theater. The birthday package included getting our pictures taken by our server, a tropical drink, an appetizer, a small chicken breast covered with ham and Swiss cheese, a small tenderloin covered with a sauce, snow peas, and a sweet potato. For dessert we had a small piece of carrot cake. I also got a small gift bag with a birthday card, a loaf of bread, and a wonderful 6"x6" dessert of a shortbread crust with a wonderful, heavenly topping of honey and pecans.

The package also included tickets to "Run for Your Wife," a comedy playing in their theater.

The play was most enjoyable but the food was so mediocre. It was so surprising because the Fireside enjoys such an awesome reputation. We had two lovely lady servers who couldn't have been sweeter.

I think the thing that's sticking in my craw is the price. For my husband and I and the above mentioned, the cost was $200 and that didn't include the tip. Like I mentioned before, the food was just so-so. Surely not what I expected nor remembered from our last visit years ago.

We did go to the Fireside a few weeks prior and had the fish fry which was excellent. One of the people in our party had the chicken which wasn't very good and no one ate it.

My recommendation would be to eat elsewhere and just come for the play.

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful place, but found going for buffet-only not as good a value”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

It's always a treat to come here, and I've enjoyed so many dinner theaters and Friday fish fries (excellent always!). Took some family members for the recent Father's Day brunch, and it was the standard Fireside buffet I've had many times. The food was good (but mostly ho-hum), good selection (although much the same as always), and the service was efficient and friendly. So what more could you want? Well I have to admit, when paying for the buffet separate from a show, at $22.95 per person (before tax & tip), it seemed a little pricey, for good - but mostly average food. My favorite things on the buffet were the pancakes and sweet potato fries - delicious. The salad and the dessert - brought individually to the table, were also nice. (Just a suggestion - I know space can be tight when a show is sold-out and they have to get hundreds of people served, but I wonder if they couldn't display the food in a more attractive way, other than the standard, lines down each side, cafeteria style.)

• Visited June 2013