“Great light, crispy crust Brick Oven Pizza. Lightly seasoned and Great Service.”

Brickhouse Pizzeria & Pub
Ranked #25 of 49 Restaurants in Fort Atkinson
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 12 October 2015

. .It's all about the fresh home made pizza dough and bread! A refreshing change from chain fare pizza.
We were looking for another good Brick Oven pizza restaurant and happened upon Brickhouse. It is a 20 minute drive for us, but well worth it. We stopped in early on a Sunday evening, and soon more tables were being filled.
The pizza is wonderfully made and a treat if you understand what a brick fired pizza should be about. Many times, brick fired pizzas can have a tough, chewy crust; but Brickhouse has manged to get this right. This is also highlighted by the Italian bread and seasoned oil served at the start of our meal. A very tasty and welcome delight.
We ordered the Brickhouse Supreme and Joseph, our waiter, cordially allowed a substitution of black olives instead of green peppers. We also like that all the pizzas have the same pricing! It just depends on the size. . . not the ingredients. A true brick fired pizza should be a light balance of flavors and augmented by a light crispy crust. The sauce, pepperoni, fresh mushrooms, and other ingredients perhaps were mild if someone is accustomed to overly spiced, greasy chain pizza fare. The Brickhouse pizza formula is really a blend of the sparse, Neapolitan type pizza with a more satisfying and even distribution of ingredients of a traditional American pizza. It works very well and people who appreciate this will enjoy what the chef here at Brickhouse has accomplished. Kudos to this fine pizza blend. We plan on trying the Chicken Alfredo on our next visit.
In summary, if you are looking for a light, flavorful pizza with Neapolitan roots, you will enjoy a Brickhouse pizza. Kids will love the cheesy pizza bread too. It is the same , light and crispy home made dough used for the pizza.
We also enjoyed the craft beer and hard cider beverages available. This restaurant is a gem in the area. The wait staff was attentive and pleasant during our visit. Be sure to check for online coupons too.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Stopped in on a Friday night. The parking lot was jam packed but still had plenty of room inside. We came with 2 little kids and they ordered chocolate milk and we got charged $12 for 4 little cups of milk. $12!!!! I complained when we got the bill and they ended up only charging $8. Big whoop. Kids and I ordered a pizza with sausage and pineapple and it was very blah. Had zero flavor. I was hoping for a great sauce and flavorful sausage but was left disappointed. My husband ordered the all you can eat fish (cod) and he said it tasted like it came out of the box at the grocery store. The waiter was very friendly however he did almost spill a plate of oil on me. Also, keep in mind the oil from the bread does not wash out of clothes so I have some new kids clothes ruined. I definitely would keep on driving by and search for a new place to eat.

3  Thank Amber S
valbon b, Owner at Brickhouse Pizzeria & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Hi Amy, Sorry that you left unhappy. The charge for a kids milk is $2.00. As your server stated, we had accidentally charged you for an adult milk, which we fixed once you brought it to our attention. When you say "Big Whoop", I'm not sure how much you think a fair amount is to charge for a kids milk. $2.00 is pretty common at restaurants.

You stated how he almost spilled oil on you. Sorry if you thought that, but he had accidentally spilled some on the table, which he apologized for right away, and cleaned up. Sorry that your kids somehow were able to get dirty from it.

You stated how the fish fry was not good and tasted something that came out of a cardboard box in a grocery store. Not sure what that really means, but it definitely comes out of a box. Very few places get their fish in a bag, and get it delivered. It was all you can eat fish, and your order came with 3 pieces of fish. If it was so bad, then why did you guys order 2 more pieces to eat?

Nothing was mentioned about how bad the food tasted to the server. I apologize that you did not have a good experience.

My name is Valbon, and I'm the owner at Brickhouse. I'd love to send you a gift certificate if you wish so we can see you back here sometime soon. Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Service was slow, however the waitress was very pleasant. The pizza wasn't very good. Not much favor to it.

1  Thank Judy H
Reviewed 14 April 2015

This restaurant has a good variety including burgers, sandwiches, paninis, pizza, pasta and salad. The burgers and paninis are very good and the pizza is brick oven baked. I just tried the fettuchini alfredo and it was just ok. Too much garlic and not enough sauce. Friendly staff though and there is both bar and restaurant seating available.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

The buffalo chicken pizza is really quite good. It is the only thing I have ever ordered off the menu per say. The cheese sticks are also, really good. The bread with oil that they serve prior to your meal is really worth getting