“You will think you are in Chicago or New York City”
Review of Mangiami Italiano

Mangiami Italiano
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have dined at Mangiami Italiano many times, and I can't believe I never posted a review on Trip Advisor. Being Italian, I try every new place that opens. Mangiami is by far the best I have ever had. For several visits, I did not stray from the Peasant's Pasta - sausage and peas in a cream sauce. Then I tried the Pasta Rags.......OMG - too divine for words, AND enough for another meal or two.

One time I decided to try the 16 oz. steak with a gorgonzola sauce. Perfect. Even ordered it for takeout one night.

Honestly, I have never had a meal I didn't like.

The wait staff is the best ever....attentive, but unobtrusive. Our personal favorite is Laura, who remembers us every time, and even has our favorite beverage waiting at our table.

Their calamari is teriffic, and the Caesar's Salad is beyond compare. Their Caprese is spot on. Oh, and always, always try Chef and Owner Eric's Soup of the Day. You will not be disappointed. We never have!

How lucky Fort Atkinson is to have such a sophisticated restaurant, reasonably priced, in the middle of our downtown.

What a gift!

1  Thank TheBeebes

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were visiting our daughter at UW-Whitewater and decided to venture a bit further for a new dining experience and were we ever glad we did! The food is exquisitely prepared by one of Wisconsin's best chefs. From their Cesar salad (made from scratch) to their delicious entrée choices based on local, sustainable products, the entire meal was delicious from beginning to end. The servers are extremely knowledgeable regarding the menu and daily specials. The wine selection was well chosen and fairly priced. The short drive from Milwaukee or Madison is worth every single mile, you will not be disappointed! We can't wait for a return visit which will be sooner than later, it's a rare gem in small town in Wisconsin.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Everything about this place I loved. The atmosphere, staff, food is all very nice. We moved from the city and this is something like an upscale restaurant you would find there. One suggestion I would have is to offer a dish or two that is a bit less fancy and more of a standard offering at an italian restaurant-chicken parmagiana, etc and maybe a pizza (for ex margerita or basic pizza) or two. I thought it might be nice to do take out every so often if they offered a few more items at a bit of a better price-for my family. It's a great restaurant no doubt. I'd just like to be able to go there more often!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

A very welcome addition to Fort Atkinson. Italian inspired, but not the standard red sauce fare. Everything is well prepared, the wait staff are very attentive. My only critique is the heavy reliance on cream based sauces. There are also some red sauces, but some options that are a bit less rich would be nice.

2  Thank SFS53538
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We met my brother and his wife at Mangiami Italiano recently and loved it. We are sure this is the best food between Madison and Milwaukee. We were there on a Tuesday night which turns out to be their slowest (they are closed Sunday and Monday), but the food and service was excellent. We plan to go back as often as we can; it's definitely worth a drive to eat at Mangiami!