“La cena e perfetto!”

Fort Atkinson, WI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“La cena e perfetto!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

So I have to admit, this is the first establishment I have felt compelled enough to sign up for TripAdvisor and write a review--this restaurant is just THAT good and cannot be missed. While I recently moved to town, I would honestly recommend driving to town from MLK, Madison, or CHI and make a trip just for this place!

Having been to Italy 8 times, I can say with gusto this Italian gem knows what they're doing. The food is a delight-I recommend the pasta regs (made me remember how a good Gorgonzola can make all the difference), Pasta Rustica (meatballs are to die for), and lasagna (might be the best I have had here or even across the pond). The owner even has a garden from which he locally sources menu items and specialties. The wines, martinis, and ports are a surprise to find outside of CHI's River North - spot on with the caliber of the menu. And the desserts are delectable - the panna cotta is light and spot on as is the tiramisu. Aaaaand they do AHmazing tasting at the special chefs table.

Unpretentious, prices are right--brings me right back to an Osteria in Tuscany with a much more affordable price tag to boot ;-)

Chef/Owner Eric and his team are so knowledgeable, welcoming, and genuine that each visit is a new memory. He even usually somehow finds time to stop by every table and ask how you're doing. Stop reading reviews on TripAdvisor and start planning your visit to Mangiami.

1 Thank GenevieveCBC

Burton, MI.
“Food is better than in Italy”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I must admit, I heard all the hoopla about this restaurant before I visited. I was a little skeptical that any Italian food in the United States could be as good as the food I had eaten in Italy.
Wow, was I wrong... Walking through the doors, you feel as though you have been transported to a culinary heaven! I have found my restaurant mecca in Ft. Atkinson!
This restaurant is a true gem in this town of 12,000. The staff is very customer service friendly, and greets you with big smiles. All around me, I could hear patrons raving about the dishes in the only way possible "Nummmmm" and "This is sooooo good!"
If you live in Wisconsin, you need to try this restaurant ASAP. If you don't live in Wisconsin, fly, drive or hitchhike to experience Italian food that you will never forget!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Charchar55
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“Authentic "big-city" Italian with a "small-town" atmosphere.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Recently celebrated my birthday with friends at Mangiami. Wonderful food. The service was terrific and not only was the staff friendly and outgoing, so were the customers. A great find! The food is excellent and the wine list complete!! We'll be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bob C
Fort Atkinson, WI
“You will think you are in Chicago or New York City”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have dined at Mangiami Italiano many times, and I can't believe I never posted a review on Trip Advisor. Being Italian, I try every new place that opens. Mangiami is by far the best I have ever had. For several visits, I did not stray from the Peasant's Pasta - sausage and peas in a cream sauce. Then I tried the Pasta Rags.......OMG - too divine for words, AND enough for another meal or two.

One time I decided to try the 16 oz. steak with a gorgonzola sauce. Perfect. Even ordered it for takeout one night.

Honestly, I have never had a meal I didn't like.

The wait staff is the best ever....attentive, but unobtrusive. Our personal favorite is Laura, who remembers us every time, and even has our favorite beverage waiting at our table.

Their calamari is teriffic, and the Caesar's Salad is beyond compare. Their Caprese is spot on. Oh, and always, always try Chef and Owner Eric's Soup of the Day. You will not be disappointed. We never have!

How lucky Fort Atkinson is to have such a sophisticated restaurant, reasonably priced, in the middle of our downtown.

What a gift!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TheBeebes
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Worth the trip!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were visiting our daughter at UW-Whitewater and decided to venture a bit further for a new dining experience and were we ever glad we did! The food is exquisitely prepared by one of Wisconsin's best chefs. From their Cesar salad (made from scratch) to their delicious entrée choices based on local, sustainable products, the entire meal was delicious from beginning to end. The servers are extremely knowledgeable regarding the menu and daily specials. The wine selection was well chosen and fairly priced. The short drive from Milwaukee or Madison is worth every single mile, you will not be disappointed! We can't wait for a return visit which will be sooner than later, it's a rare gem in small town in Wisconsin.

• Visited April 2014