All reviews christmas show night's sleep stayed here fireside hallway
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The 5 things I review and give stars for are:
cleanliness of public spaces - earned!
room cleanliness - earned!
Comfortable HVAC - earned!
Bathroom - earned!
Bed - no dice

Clean and comfortable from the entryway through the hallways up the stairs and into the room. Bathroom is fine with excellent water temperature and pressure (cheap tub enclosure, but who cares). HVAC was easy to use and quite comfortable. The bed was awful.

I don't rate amenities or appliances - whatever they tell you they have should be present and functional. (I will say that I don't swim, so while there is a pool, I cannot make any comment about theirs)

I don't rate location - if you pick the place, you know where it is and can't complain if that winds up being bad.

I don't rate staff - good service and friendly staff are requirements in the hospitality industry. If I arrive at a property and have trouble with the staff, we either fix the problem together or I move on.

I don't rate breakfast - whatever they say they have should be on time, fresh and well presented.

Our first time in Fort Atkinson so we didn't know about the location - wound up being perfect and we enjoyed the excellent Fish Fry at Fireside, which is right next door. I would certainly stay here again - maybe we'll go back for the Elvis show at Fireside...

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nonamo
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

The whole place had a dirty smell. It was Christmas eve and I did not expect the red carpet. But I did ask on the phone if the pool was up and running. I didn't expect the pool to be freezing, and the Jacuzzi to be cold. I thought the room was in poor shape. Toilet did not flush tub had a dirty crack,walls all patched. Just overall bad. I did not stay. I left it for my daughter and her boyfriend( they're young and less fussy). But they too thought it was a bad stay and they said there was no continental breakfast worth eating.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue K
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

We were going to the fireside Christmas show so we booked our hotel reservation here. On arrival staff had our reservation ready. We checked in and went to the room. It was a little cool so we turned up the heat. It warmed quickly. The room was clean and well ordered. The bed is a little soft for my taste but I slept fine. Breakfast was ok the usual rolls and waffles. Check out was quick. Will stay here again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Do Not Stay Here....greeted at the front dest with zero respect, no computer system, no reservation as we booked in a room block for a wedding months in advance. Only had 1st names for reservations and was front desk was extremely rude. Rooms were disgusting, smelly, windows did not lock in room, room was dirty and found a bug in the bed! We ended up not staying here after wedding...no refund...ugh!

Room Tip: go somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky B
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Coffee pot was not cleaned in weeks, if not months, there was green mold floating on the coffee in the carafe and mold in the filter basket. Wish I could download the photos I took. The windows were not clean, there were fingerprints all over.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family