All reviewschristmas shownight's sleepstayed herefiresidehallway
Reviewed 21 June 2017

overall decent value for $100 & a softball team trip, but would not pay much more. Little dirty, believe they are shorthanded. Nice people & very accomodating, needs some paint. If it is a team trip they allow you to eat & gather in the lobby

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bryan F
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here for years. I always call ahead for reservation. I did like I always do this tome but when we arrived our reservation was a mess. I always get the same room. Not this time. We had to look for a room to use. Always get a king bit ended up with 2 twin beds this time. They were soft bit I was tired and I did het a good night's sleep. Lots of noise upstairs and in hallway. This is unusual for a normally quiet hotel. We wouldn't let this trip spoil our plans for the end of July when we take another short trip. This in no longer an America's Best Value it is now a privately owned hotel but still call The Courtyard Inn.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt R
Reviewed 9 May 2017

The property feels outdated and neglected. Our room had stains and cigarette burns on the green carpeted floor and the décor, in general, is really old. The grounds, too, need some help. All of the "area" information or brochures in the racks were from places like Door County (how does that help for Fort Atkinson?) or Wisconsin Dells...even the phone book in our room was from 2014. The woman at the front desk was pleasant enough, but seemed overworked and under appreciated. I never saw another employee and we were there for two nights. The owner needs to put something back into this property.

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank caymancat1
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The 5 things I review and give stars for are:
cleanliness of public spaces - earned!
room cleanliness - earned!
Comfortable HVAC - earned!
Bathroom - earned!
Bed - no dice

Clean and comfortable from the entryway through the hallways up the stairs and into the room. Bathroom is fine with excellent water temperature and pressure (cheap tub enclosure, but who cares). HVAC was easy to use and quite comfortable. The bed was awful.

I don't rate amenities or appliances - whatever they tell you they have should be present and functional. (I will say that I don't swim, so while there is a pool, I cannot make any comment about theirs)

I don't rate location - if you pick the place, you know where it is and can't complain if that winds up being bad.

I don't rate staff - good service and friendly staff are requirements in the hospitality industry. If I arrive at a property and have trouble with the staff, we either fix the problem together or I move on.

I don't rate breakfast - whatever they say they have should be on time, fresh and well presented.

Our first time in Fort Atkinson so we didn't know about the location - wound up being perfect and we enjoyed the excellent Fish Fry at Fireside, which is right next door. I would certainly stay here again - maybe we'll go back for the Elvis show at Fireside...

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nonamo
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

The whole place had a dirty smell. It was Christmas eve and I did not expect the red carpet. But I did ask on the phone if the pool was up and running. I didn't expect the pool to be freezing, and the Jacuzzi to be cold. I thought the room was in poor shape. Toilet did not flush tub had a dirty crack,walls all patched. Just overall bad. I did not stay. I left it for my daughter and her boyfriend( they're young and less fussy). But they too thought it was a bad stay and they said there was no continental breakfast worth eating.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family