“Good bar food! (and service)”
Review of The Golden Frog

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Golden Frog
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The food was excellent and the service and price was pretty darn good too. I ordered the beef tenderloin and shrimp and I would do it again :)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Frog is a restaurant I have been coming to since I was a kid. It has changed hands but the food and service has always been good in this small town river town. I have been gone for more then 45 years but still come back to eat with my family and have my favorites: Frog Legs, BBQ Chicken, and of course Walleye. You can't go wrong stopping in picturesque Fountain City along the Mississippi at the Golden Frog.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stopped on our way down the Mississippi—we normally stop in Alma, but our favorite place there is closed. Hubby ordered shrimp basket and was told there were only 3 pieces of shrimp so instead he ordered the fish basket. It was good. I ordered chicken strips basket which came with 5 huge pieces of chicken—more like you would put on a sandwich. Way too much! Seemed strange like someone made a mistake. Asked for hot tea and got oddest look. Really? No tea in a place that advertises as fine dining? We won't be back unless it is the only place open?

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stopped here after visiting the winery behind the Golden Frog. We dined on the patio so I cannot describe the interior of the restaurant; however, the patio was awesome! They were barbequing chicken as that was the special, which is also what drew us in because of the smell. The food and drinks were reasonably priced. We will definitely go back here to try their regular menu foods and enjoy the patio again, or may even dine inside to experience that atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

it's a great small town bar with tons of character and if your friendly, the locals will buy you a beer and take the time to hear your story...very fun weekend