“Big room, big price great location, outstanding breakfast”

Staybridge Suites Milwaukee Airport South
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed two nights here while visiting Milwaukee and the WI State Fair. It is about a 15 minute drive the Lakefront but it is all freeway and easy on and off. The Rooms were about $230 a night but had two bedrooms, two baths, three TVs and a pullout sofa. Really enjoyed the spacious surroundings and the private space. Full kitchen is also included in the room.
The breakfast is more like a restaurant than a hotel breakfast. Eggs and sausage or con beef hash, fruits and yogurts, waffles, cereals and breads. Really enjoyed the spread. Outdoor seating was available, it was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Lindsay H, Manager at Staybridge Suites Milwaukee Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thanks for the great review. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy one of our spacious two bedroom, two bath suites. We try to make our breakfast as expansive and varied as possible and we are glad our guests take notice. Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Milwaukee.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed in Milwaukee many times and often visit this hotel when I do. This is a great hotel as far as amenities and being kid friendly. They have an excellent breakfast...social hour and the staff is always friendly and helpful. A great example this visit was the willingness of the breakfast staff to make plain scrambled eggs because the ones they were serving had peppers and onions in them. Being 30 minutes from the close of breakfast they did not have to do that but they did. Just another example of the staffs willingness to go above and beyond for their guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Lindsay H, Manager at Staybridge Suites Milwaukee Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thanks for the excellent review and for recognizing our staff. We always try to do anything within our means to make our guests happy. Thanks for noticing and for staying with us.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here prior to our flight to Washington D.C. The room was great, I had used some points from my loyalty program so we wouldn't have to drive 3 hours to the airport. I was not particular about the hotel just so long as it was within a 30 minute drive to the airport. The only room left was a whirlpool suite. It was a great room the biggest and nicest of the whole trip. The gentleman at the front desk was extremely friendly.
When checking in he asked what brought us into town and I mentioned we were flying out the next morning. He asked if we had reserved a shuttle for a ride to the airport and I told him that we were planing on parking at the airport or near in one of the commercial parking lots. He then informed me that the shuttle was free and parking at the hotel was only $5 a day, needless to say that is much better than parking at the airport and WAY more secure! We booked the shuttle and were picked up in the lobby taken to the airport, helped with the bags, and enjoyed our trip.
When we flew back in I called the number on the business card that was listed as the front desk and got someones voice-mail saying she would be out of the office til Monday. Thankfully she had the correct number to the front desk on the voice mail message. I called the front desk, they asked if we had a reservation and we were picked up in 15 minutes and on our way back to our car. The nice young man even helped with the bags and made great conversation on the way back to the hotel.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone staying the area. The shuttle service is great and I believe it even goes down to the Bradley center. Another nice perk is the social time Tuesday through Thursday with a free meal in the dinning area. Also included is wine and beer at no charge! Just make sure not to pour your own beer, I didn't read a sign but was kindly informed.

Room Tip: Third floor next to the elevator whirl pool suite, was worried about elevator noise, but it was real...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsay H, Manager at Staybridge Suites Milwaukee Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for the excellent review and for being a valued IHG Rewards member. We are always glad when we can help make any of our guest’s travels a little easier. Our shuttle is a nice perk and goes most places within a 7-mile radius complimentary. Thanks for the recommendation and for staying with us!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is our second stay at this particular Staybridge Suites (Milwaukee Airport South) for an entire week both times. Both experiences have been great. The staff have be available to help with anything we have needed, and they are a great source of knowledge about the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for continuing to choose our hotel and for recognizing the knowledge our local team has of the area. We hope we continue to be your choice in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I travel frequently for my work and this is one of the absolute best places I have ever stayed. The staff, especially Donovan at the front desk, were exceptionally attentive to my needs. The hospitality foods and drinks nights were really tasty. Check in and out was very easy. Room was clean and very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again as I come to this area several times per year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review. We are happy to see our Social hours on Tuesday-Thursday are well received and I will make sure Donovan is acknowledged for his service. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Doing some sightseeing in Milwaukee and decided to stay outside the city limits. We used Orbitz and was able to get a room at the Staybridge for $65/night. Having never stayed at one we were a bit uncertain on what to expect. There were three of us and when we got to our booked room we only had one queen size bed and pull out. We called the front desk and ‘Donovan’ was very helpful and put us in a bigger room with two queens and a pullout. Donovan even suggested good places to eat and best places to see in Milwaukee.
Pros:
• Great staff!
• Hotel looks new. Foyer is beautiful. Carpets all looked to be new or in good condition
• Rooms were clean and spacious with small kitchens with fridge, microwave, stove, plates, bowls, and utensils
• Free breakfast, wifi and parking (can’t get this in downtown Milwaukee)
• Breakfast was very good with a large selection
• Clean spacious bathrooms.
• 15 minute drive to MKE airport
Cons:
• AC unit worked great while it was on. But it would mysteriously shutoff before it reached the desired temp. We could not get it back again no matter what we did with the thermostat. It would then come back on hours later on its own
• Thin floors. We were on the fourth floor and could hear the people walking around on the floor above us.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators.
1  Thank gwevans
Lindsay H, Manager at Staybridge Suites Milwaukee Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. It sounds like you got a great deal on one of our suites. I am very happy to see that Donovan was able to accommodate all of your needs and I will make sure he is rewarded for his excellent service. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I came in for a reunion weekend. One other couple I know stayed as well. This hotel is clean and quiet. The employees are very friendly and helpful. Hot breakfast is included. The pool is small but nice, with a jacuzzi. My suite was large, with a kitchenette, a sitting area, and a large shower in the bathroom. My friends' suite was a bit smaller than mine, but it was still very nice. This hotel is very close to downtown Milwaukee, and there are several restaurants and bars nearby. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Lindsay H, Manager at Staybridge Suites Milwaukee Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your reunion weekend and for the great comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee / Franklin
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Airport / Oak Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport

Been to Staybridge Suites Milwaukee Airport South? Share your experiences!