“Nice place”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Clio, Michigan
“Nice place”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

They are remodeling, and are forthright with what's going on, with a sign in the lobby stating where they're working, and what they're trying to achieve. After I went to dinner, there was a guy caulking in the hallway, but there was none of the typical mess and mayhem that goes along with remodels. Very nice place, great pool/hot tub area. The typical H.I.E. breakfast in the morning (why do they all have the overly-watery eggs??) would be the only real downfall to my stay here. Excellent rooms, comfy beds, more like a business suite with a desk and couch/table areas, not just a bed and a TV.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank talimar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Don't reserve a room with a debit card! I did and they withdrew the money from my account 2 weeks ago when I made the reservation (cost $180) and then took out another $230.70 after I stayed there. When I called to inquire, i was told that it was because I used a debit card and the money will be refunded in 3 to 4 days. Great to have my account overdrawn over the Christmas holiday. I was told I just have to wait for it to be refunded by some Odessey group. Watch your account closely if you stay there. I was never told I would have an extra $230.70 taken out and then refunded later on top of the cost of staying at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen60083
mlchurch, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Thank you for the feedback regarding the trouble you had when using a debit card to both make your reservation and upon check-in at the hotel. In reviewing your reservation and experience we realize now that the reservation was to be paid in advance which is why your debit card was charged after making the reservation. However, we have also made some internal changes in our procedures for guests that use a debit card upon check-in to prevent this from happening to others. Again, I appreciate the feedback and apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.
Augusta, GA
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Great place to stay North of Milwaukee, friendly staff, comfortable bed, good breakfast, great firewood grill restaurant around the corner (you get 10% off with room key), also a Wal Mart less than half mile away for any items you need. We went to Green Bay, then Brewers game the next day on the way to Chicago. Great rates on weekends.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I reserved a room for my in-laws to stay here for a weekend in May. I checked them in and saw their room. The hotel is quite clean, the person at check in was pleasant. The room was spacious, and the beds looked comfortable. The nightly rate was around $80 including tax, which is hard to beat. Hwy Q in Germantown is a little overgrown, but Hwy 45, about a half mile down the road, goes right into Milwaukee.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ahollenh
Bedfordshire, UK
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Certainly an older property that perhaps is overdue a refurb. The corridors smelt like a smoking room does despite all the rooms we passed being non smoking but it wasn't a problem in the actual room. Both the televisions in the room had seen better days. Breakfast wasn't up to the usual standard of HlExpress with a bit less choice. Helpful desk staff.
We stayed in Milwaukee primarily to catch a Brewers game and, although about a 30 min drive, it was a very easy journey to and from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed 16 November 2007

This hotel is located near a lot of shopping and resturants and is just off the highway, which is conveinent. The room was clean and the fitness center was small but adequate. The breakfast was your standard Holiday Inn Express fare and was included in the somewhat high price I paid for this hotel. My only complaint is that the hotel's public computer didn't work and I had wanted to use the Internet.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ISellSyn
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 26 October 2007

I travel for business to the Germantown area about once every 6 weeks, and this was my first stay at this hotel.

First of, I don't consider myself a difficult or fancy person. All I expect from a hotel is to deliver a nice, clean and comfortable room with a decent bed so I can be fresh and ready for my next day of work.

The bed is really the most positive thing about this hotel. It is very comfortable and I was able to sleep well all week.

Unfortunately, there are more negatives than positivies... The main 3 issues I had were: the smell, the drain and the internet.

First, the smell - my room was non-smoking, but there was a constant odor of cigarette. I called the frontdesk to discuss the issue, and was told that none of the rooms surrounding me (downstairs or same floor) were smoking rooms. But the smell was always there. In fact, the only way to diminish the odor was to open the window and run the air (note that it was about 35F during the night).

Second, the drain - my bathroom sink was clugged from day one. I called three times during the week to have it un-clugged, and each time I was told that someone would come and fix the situation during the day (while I am at work). Unfortunately, it was never resolved and I finally gave up.

Third, the internet - I need to have meetings and web sessions with oversea countries during most evenings. Unfortunately, my web sessions were impossible for 2 of those evenings as the internet kept failing. On the first occurence, I called the frontdesk about the situation and the gentleman was aware of the situation. He finally resorted to reboot all routers and access points. 20-30 minutes later, the internet connection was back to normal... unfortunately, my meeting was over. If only this incident happened once, I would have been fine... problems happen and at least it was resolved fairly quickly. But then, 2 days later, the same thing occured again. This time, frontdesk was unaware of the reason. I had to wait over 30 minutes for an external support person to call back and resolve the issue.

In conclusion, this hotel may be fine if you are only staying for a night. But it may not be such a good deal for business travellers like me who prefer uneventful stays where everything goes as expected.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank thed00r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
Super 8 Germantown / Milwaukee, WI
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
#1 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Best Western Germantown Inn
Home2 Suites by Hilton Menomonee Falls Milwaukee
Home2 Suites by Hilton Menomonee...
#2 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place

Been to Holiday Inn Express Germantown? Share your experiences!